Blachowicz brutal KO of Luke was payback for DC’s disrespect on the MMA hour

Pequeño Corey

Huge For Coreyweight
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Back in January of 2018, DC appeared on MMA Hour to discuss his upcoming bout with Stipe. At the time, Gustafson was not happy with this as he felt that DC was holding up the LHW division, as well as a potential rematch. In the timestamped clip below, DC is incredulous at the notion of Gus deserving a TS and is quick to criticize Gus’ lackluster performance against Jan Blachowicz:

“And against Jan Blachowicz, he [Gus] was gettin pieced up and had to start wrestling. Jan Blachowicz?! He had to wrestle Jan Blahovich!”
<36>

Now I’m not sure if Jan heard Cormier’s dismissal of his skills, but the fact that Jan would go on to brutally KO DC’s long time friend and training partner is nothing short of poetic justice. And the final icing on the cake is Luke’s own hubris where he famously stated prior to the fight, “I don’t lose to guys like Jan Blachowicz”.

<DCrying>

Pretty sure Jan was throwing left hooks before all this. He even said "yeah I watched tape. I know I just gotta land a left hook at some point".

Gus beat both Jan and DC, and Comeback Gus will beat Luke as well in 2020.

Last edited:
DC sure has talked down to an awful lot of fighters for a supposed "nice guy"

<36>

The loss woildnt be as bad if Luke didn't talk so much shit before it. He was worse than usual. Every single interview I saw.

DC sure has talked down to an awful lot of fighters for a supposed "nice guy"

This! He's as fake as everyone always says Jones is. Then he cries like a baby when he loses. I bet more than a few fighters notice how he is.

Gus beat both Jan and DC.
Daniel-Cormier-Alexander-Gustafsson.png

<PlusJuan>

The loss woildnt be as bad if Luke didn't talk so much shit before it. He was worse than usual. Every single interview I saw.

DC was probably in Luke’s ear during camp, constantly shitting on Jan to pump Luke up.

Now I’m not sure if Jan heard Cormier’s dismissal of his skills

clickbait

...but then Stipe KO’d DC as a revenge for...just himself? Can you piggyback it?

i remember finding mind-blowing that Gus was being picked apart on the feet by someone then perceived as a journeyman tune up, and ever since i have always had a soft spot for Jan
glad the dude was able to make a complete 180 on his career, now he's like 1 or 2 fights away from a LHW titleshot, while @ Gus has been retired by Anthony fucking Smith in his hometown lol

Back in January of 2018, DC appeared on MMA Hour to discuss his upcoming bout with Stipe. At the time, Gustafson was not happy with this as he felt that DC was holding up the LHW division, as well as a potential rematch. In the timestamped clip below, DC is incredulous at the notion of Gus deserving a TS and is quick to criticize Gus’ lackluster performance against Jan Blachowicz:

“And against Jan Blachowicz, he [Gus] was gettin pieced up and had to start wrestling. Jan Blachowicz?! He had to wrestle Jan Blahovich!”
<36>

Now I’m not sure if Jan heard Cormier’s dismissal of his skills, but the fact that Jan would go on to brutally KO DC’s long time friend and training partner is nothing short of poetic justice. And the final icing on the cake is Luke’s own hubris where he famously stated prior to the fight, “I don’t lose to guys like Jan Blachowicz”.

<DCrying>

that was a beautiful left hook.

Dc knows how to put out the image that he's a nice guy. Q his Instagram photos of black-and-white and an inspirational quote underneath. I think we all have to remember that he's a commentater, that's a part of him so shit talking comes natural to him . Whether he's really what he says he is only he knows

Last edited:
If Cormier was in any way responsible for Luke getting knocked out again I love him even more.
<DC-Champ>

Back