BKFC 6: Malignaggi vs. Lobov, Sat. June 22, 8 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Terrible fight both fighters were all talk

Paulie played it too safe and paid for it.

The right guy won the decision.
idk how you can both fighters were all talk....artem tried to push forward THE WHOLE fight..artem is not all talk he backs it up dudes got huge cohonas

Paulie is a whiny bitch (must be a Sharks fan) but I did think he won that fight.

Hi there. I wonder that Malignaggi really thinks that he wins this fight despite he was running away from Lobov whole fight. He is a professional boxer and Lobov is a MMA fighter. It was his field and he lost this fight. I also don't like that trash talk he said about Lobov before the fight. And it was funny to see his frightened face and shaking legs :)

I also don't understand why BKFC insists on 2 minute rounds instead of 3 minutes when there's only 5 rounds. Honestly we should just see longer rounds and maybe 8 rounds for a main/title.
Probably it is because the fight is with no gloves and it is easy to get injured or to break hand. As you can see from the fight both of them were pretty careful and punches weren't so powerful as we can see in boxing for example. It is just my opinion.

Why is the bareknuckle boxing thread stickied but the UFC thread was removed?

I don't understand how the first goes to Artem. It was close, but Paulie was not getting hit and landed a few jabs.
He lost that round like all the rounds he lost -- he didn't do shit.

Threw like, 4 punches the whole first and fifth rounds? He would've won if he had better output, but Artem clearly got the better of him. I can't remember if I had Artem winning 3 or 4 rounds but Paulie let the W go by just bouncing around feinting for 95% of the fight. Super frustrating fight to watch. Artem looked like complete dogshit but somehow managed to be the more effective fighter over a guy who had all the other advantages (besides chin.)

I think the biggest factor in giving Artem the first round was a glancing blow that wobbled Paulie a bit. That might've been what made Paulie gunshy the whole fight. It wasn't a broken hand, unless Paulie broke it on the walkout because he was very gunshy from pretty much the bell.

lobov wasnt allowed to clinch, they sold the fight to malignaggi but his brittle bitch hands crumbled to lobov's pressure, wtf was lobov supposed to do ? his only weapon (clinch wrestling superiority to ko paulie) was taken away he normally should've been humiliated props to him for winning

Back