BKFC 6: Malignaggi vs. Lobov, Sat. June 22, 8 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Paulie's biggest mistake tonight was thinking those judges on the Tampa fairgrounds would score all the body work he was putting in.
Pretty sure its the body shots that won Artem the 5th.

giphy.gif

--

Commentators were super biased towards Paulie, old boxing hags, no wonder..

Floyd Sr. would demolish both these guys back to back without breaks between fights.

he is a lot smarter than most people might assume at first glance. well spoken and carries himself well for a guy that fights as rough and tough as he does. I hope he makes a good amount of money and gets out sooner than later so he can be good after fighting.

was the press conference interesting? Or did Artem and Paula just kind of complement eachother the whole time? I dont know why Artem would forgive him as soon as the fight is over. Dude spit at him. Thats unforgivable.
I'm very impressed because i speak German like a 5 year old (minor), and Spanish like an 8 year old (HS AP courses). Artem speaks english phenomenally, and I'd assume his Russian is great too. His spanish is like a 16 year old honestly. Homeboy ain't go to school for it, so I wonder how long it took for him to get to that level. He makes me wanna work harder. Subjunctives suck, tho lol.

The press conference was alright. Paulie and Artem both showed respect. I'm not sure why Artem would forgive him either, but he won so that definitely made it easier. Shows that Artem is a good guy, you're right spitting is too far. Or it shows that Artem understands sometimes one crosses the line when promoting fights. McGregor his boy might have done the same lol. The president said Artem is the face of the company also. I hope he gets paid.

Yeah, I'm just naive in thinking the judges would actually know what they were watching. I thought it was a pretty clear win for Paulie. So did a lot of other people.

But in all honesty, I don't know how bare knuckle is scored. Obviously not the same way as boxing.
Agression and forward movement is favoured much more heavily. With hands flailing wildly its hard to count the strikes, So they tend to favour whoever instigated the exchange. And damage. But if you are the fighter moving forward and trying to make something happen judges like it.

I had Artem winning 1, 4 & 5

First was close, last two rounds were easy Artem. Most People i saw on twitter had it 2-2 going into the 5th

Agression and forward movement is favoured much more heavily. With hands flailing wildly its hard to count the strikes, So they tend to favour whoever instigated the exchange. And damage. But if you are the fighter moving forward and trying to make something happen judges like it.

I had Artem winning 1, 4 & 5

First was close, last two rounds were easy Artem. Most People i saw on twitter had it 2-2 going into the 5th

I don't understand how the first goes to Artem. It was close, but Paulie was not getting hit and landed a few jabs.

I also don't understand why BKFC insists on 2 minute rounds instead of 3 minutes when there's only 5 rounds. Honestly we should just see longer rounds and maybe 8 rounds for a main/title.

Commentators were super biased towards Paulie, old boxing hags, no wonder..

Wrong. Paulie was checking Artem with jabs over and over and over again and i saw commentators miss on that most of the time.

Last edited:
BKFC Artem vs Paulie thread mores replys than Ufc KZ vs moiCANo.

ufc dying confirmed.

Be pretty amazing turn of events for Artem.. *if* he’s making more money than he did in the UFC.

BKFC Artem vs Paulie thread mores replys than Ufc KZ vs moiCANo.

ufc dying confirmed.
Or

Nobody cared about UFC South Carolina to begin with.

KZ and Moicano are incredibly small draws. Zombie is loved by a bunch of people who have never seen him fight and like his nickname, but nobody watches him fight. Evidence to the contrary is welcomed.

Artem is a bigger draw than both combined....as absurd as it is.

Terrible fight both fighters were all talk

Paulie played it too safe and paid for it.

The right guy won the decision.

Back