BKFC 6: Malignaggi vs. Lobov, Sat. June 22, 8 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Lobov is going to be fighting in their org for some time to come, Paulie was a one and done. Of course it's in their interest to have Lobov win, that way his next fight will be even bigger. They gain nothing if they give the win to Paulie

Meh. Landing a punch or two over the course of 10 minutes is normal.

Landing repeatedly and out maneuvering your opponent though should count for something. Like I said, I don't know the criteria for bare knuckle scoring.

Don't know scoring either, but I've never liked sport jiujitsu or karate point scoring bullshit. Much prefer submission only tournaments and rule sets like Pride FC that favored fighters who tried to end the fight and did the most damage.

I was there, I would recommend going to anyone. Cheap tickets for close up, I dropped more money on beer than tickets and was only 15 rows back.

Great fights, was awesome

And I had Artem 5-0 or 4-1. I was drunk/am drunk, but Paulie literally did nothing

Don't know scoring either, but I've never liked sport jiujitsu or karate point scoring bullshit. Much prefer submission only tournaments and rule sets like Pride FC that favored fighters who tried to end the fight and did the most damage.
That I can agree with.

You see the post fight press conference. Artem is tri lingual. Spanish, Russian, and English. Good on him.

Lot of Conor rejects there tho, wearing his kit and saw a few dudes with irish flags that obviously werent irish lol

Card was great tho, extremely exciting live

Lot of Conor rejects there tho, wearing his kit and saw a few dudes with irish flags that obviously werent irish lol

Card was great tho, extremely exciting live
How much were tickets?

Lobov is going to be fighting in their org for some time to come, Paulie was a one and done. Of course it's in their interest to have Lobov win, that way his next fight will be even bigger. They gain nothing if they give the win to Paulie

I had no horses in the race but I wish Paulie would’ve won just because if he did I think there was a good chance he would’ve came back and it would’ve been huge for the organization.

The guy gets a lot of hate but that just means people actually cared enough about him to actually feel that way. You can’t argue the fact that he was a draw even though he was several years removed from fighting, old and washed up.

Nothing against Lobov and he can stick around as long as he wants but he’s never going to be a draw for them. Their president was trying to hype Knight and Leonard Garcia for their next event. It will prob be a good fight but it’s not gonna bring even 1/10th of the total numbers, buzz and hype Paulie brought tonight and Artem’s next fight won’t either.

Last edited:
A broken hand is a pretty valid excuse for not throwing it lol
Paulie said he doesn't actually think he broke his hand. He said it in the same post interview where he claimed it was broken.

You see the post fight press conference. Artem is tri lingual. Spanish, Russian, and English. Good on him.
he is a lot smarter than most people might assume at first glance. well spoken and carries himself well for a guy that fights as rough and tough as he does. I hope he makes a good amount of money and gets out sooner than later so he can be good after fighting.

was the press conference interesting? Or did Artem and Paula just kind of complement eachother the whole time? I dont know why Artem would forgive him as soon as the fight is over. Dude spit at him. Thats unforgivable.

I had no horses in the race but I wish Paulie would’ve won just because if he did I think there was a good chance he would’ve came back and it would’ve been huge for the organization.

The guy gets a lot of hate but that just means people actually cared enough about him to actually feel that way. You can’t argue the fact that he was a draw even though he was several years removed from fighting, old and washed up.

Nothing against Lobov and he can stick around as long as he wants but he’s never going to be a draw for them. Their president was trying to hype Knight and Leonard Garcia for their next event. It will prob be a good fight but it’s not gonna bring even 1/10th of the total numbers, buzz and hype Paulie brought tonight and Artem’s next fight won’t either.
Artem stole his hype and his dignity

tenor.gif
You're right! First I thought, "She must've had someone who she's cutting outnof the photo to respect their privacy."
But no... She was hiding her elbow so we wouldn't be able to gauge pointiness!

<DCWhoa>

<{danayeah}>

Back