Bjorn Rebney "There Are UFC Pay-Per-Views I Wouldn't Watch for Free"

I have seen plenty of better UFC PPV cards on paper and in how the fights played out but I have also seen plenty of worse ones on paper and how the fights played out.

The Bellator card had 5 quality fights. Many UFC cards have 3 quality fights and then fill the rest with fights like Nick Ring vs Camozzi and Colin Fletcher vs Ricci

This past weekend was them putting their best foot forward. They won't even try again until the end of the year. This is considering a weak UFC card coming up and it's just one of the many PPVs they are doing.

Rankings on fight matrix:

Renan Barao (#1 BW/ #5 P4P) vs. Tj Dillashaw (#7 BW)
Dan Henderson (#4 LHW) vs. Daniel Cormier ( #3 HW)
Robbie Lawler (#5WW) vs. Jake Ellenberger (#11 WW)
Takeya Mizugaki (#9 BW) vs. Francisco Riveria (#15 BW)
Jamie Varner (#58 LW) vs. James Krause ( #91 LW)

Fighters lost due to injury:
Chris Weidman (1# MW/ #4 P4P)
Lyoto Machida (#2 MW/ #7 P4P)

Junior Dos Santos, Chael Sonnen, Wanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, and Stipe Miccioc were scheduled but left due to reasons other than an injury to the card

Bellator 120
Quinton Jackson (#13 LHW) vs. Mohammed Lawal ( #15 LHW)
Michael Chandler (#7 LW) vs. Will Brooks (#18 LW)
Alexander Shlmenko ( #8 MW) vs. Tito Ortiz ( #19 LHW)
Alexander Volkov (# 19 HW) vs. Blagoi Ivanov (#27 HW)
Michael Page (#265 MW) vs. Ricky Rainy (#138 WW)

Fighters lost due to injury:
Eddie Alvarez (#6 LW)
Nate Jolly (#321 LW)

What am I missing here?

Wrong (some examples)

Rampage vs Hamill UFC 130
Evans vs Tito 2 Main event UFC 133
Leben vs Bisping Main event UFC 89
Wanderlei vs Franklin 2 Main Event UFC 147
Leben vs Munoz Main event of UFC 138
Marquardt vs Okami Main Event UFC 122
Akiyama vs Bisping Main Event UFC 120
Cro Cop vs Mir Main Event UFC 119
Liddell vs Franklin Main Event UFC 115

I like how you named a number of free cards.

I agree with Rebney to be honest. They have been ppv cards from the UFC that were utter shit.

PPV's should have the most stacked cards imo.

Lol. Am I the only Bjorn fan here?

I have Dana and him the same (way down there).

But I would really like stronger competition for UFC, so I wouldn't mind that much if Bellator grows and, as a consequence he becomes more cauchy.

Last edited:
Barao is an awesome fighter and therefore I don't think he should be fighting a dude who hasn't earned his shot at fighting a champion. I'm a big Barao fan but I'm a firm believer in fighters having to earn their shot to fight a champion and not just putting together a fight because "Barao needs someone to fight". Perhaps you both shouldn't just jump to conclusions?'

Just Lol at this^ rubbish.

rubbish ?

i would totaly chose Barao fight over GSP ,it's not even close ,even if i dont know the other guy Barao is fighting.

Undeserved title shots happen all the time , see Edgar-Aldo ,Sonnen-Jones ,Belfort Jones and a lot more..

soo you want Barao to sit on his ass and wait for realz contenders? Or maybe he can continue cleaning division because ,the fact is other than Cruz and MM superfight there is nothing left for him at BW .

Maybe Bibiano from OneFc and that BW champ from WSOF

i would totaly chose Barao fight over GSP ,it's not even close ,even if i dont know the other guy Barao is fighting.

Because you don't like guys who wrestle, right? Give me a break, man. And are you assuming IDK who Dillishaw is? Lol.

Undeserved title shots happen all the time , see Edgar-Aldo ,Sonnen-Jones ,Belfort Jones and a lot more..

Lets see, we have...

1) Frankie Edgar who beat one of the greatest LW's who ever lived in BJ Penn twice, and was the first guy to ever knock out Gray Maynard and a guy who, at least IMO, faced two bad decisions against Benson Henderson (top 10 LW), dropping down to fight the best Bantamweight champion in the world.

2) Chael Sonnen who dominated AS for 4.5 rounds who was half a round away (give or take) from the biggest upset in MMA history moving up in weight to fight another super-solid fighter in JJ

And 3) A fucking beast in Vitor Belfort who's only loss since returning to the UFC prior to JJ was AS and undefeated since his loss to JJ.

And somehow you think TJFuckingDillishaw can somehow be compared to these guys and what they had accomplished? Please, dude.

soo you want Barao to sit on his ass and wait for realz contenders?

Again, I'm a firm believer in fighters contending for a shot at a title, not just title shots given to them because the champion is bored. Dillishaw was ranked 7 in the UFC's 2nd weakest division when offered this fight. I don't agree with it. Sorry if you disagree, I guess.

rubbish ?Maybe Bibiano from OneFc and that BW champ from WSOF

And I'd rather see Bibiano and Moraes fight Barao than Dillishaw.

Last edited:
I agree with Rebney to be honest. They have been ppv cards from the UFC that were utter shit.

PPV's should have the most stacked cards imo.
If the UFC put on a PPV featuring the exact card Bellator did people would say it was a shit card.

His Co Main event was Chandler vs Brooks

The Co Main event of UFC 148 was Tito vs Forrest 3
The Main event of UFC 133 was Tito vs Evans 2

Didn't see many complaints then.....Now that Tito is on a Bellator PPV he isn't good enough to be on a PPV card? Pretty funny....just saying

Don't yellow card me for destroying your argument bro.

Are Forest and Evans middleweights? No? So what exactly is your point other than to prove you ride BFC's dick?

He's right. Look at boxing, you only got Mayweather and Pacquiao PPV's today 3 or 4 times a year and that's it. That's the way to go, put together 3 or 4 mega PPV cards a year that will do circa 1 million buys and the rest on TV.

He's right. Look at boxing, you only got Mayweather and Pacquiao PPV's today 3 or 4 times a year and that's it. That's the way to go, put together 3 or 4 mega PPV cards a year that will do circa 1 million buys and the rest on TV.

You do know that's completely false right? There are other boxing PPV's, it's just Manny and Floyd are the only 2 boxers people care about.

A bunch of you that posted on this thread make yourself look like idiots.

Anyways, if it helps Bjorn sleep at night then he should keep on dreaming.

I have Dana and him the same (way down there).

But I would really like stronger competition for UFC, so I wouldn't mind that much if Bellator grows and, as a consequence he becomes more cauchy.

I rather see an Asian org as the main competition for the UFC.
OneFC hired Rich Franklin as their VP, it would be awesome if they got to grow and have such a VP as head.

Bjorn is Dana, they both talk a lot of BS and most of the time they dont believe it them self. Its their job to lie hyperbole and sell their product at any cost.
They are like a slick used car salesman.
Just accept this and its much easier on the nerves.

Lol. Am I the only Bjorn fan here?

Looks like there's only two of us.

Bellator signed Phil Baroni (15-17), I take it you both are gonna have a religious experience when he fights?

Also, a closer look at some of their match-ups:

After his loss to Awad, which was also his first pro loss, Brooks fought then 9-5 Chris Leyva, who was on a 4-fight losing streak.

After his loss to Clementi, who also had his first pro loss, Sarnavski fought against then 15-12 Tony Hervey...

A few more notes are:

Shlemenko fought three times before his title fight with Falcao, who was on the sidelines for 9 months

And Christian M'Pumbu, who was the champion, was put on the shelf for over a year (injured opponent, but regardless) before defending the belt.

So yeah, how do you like them apples??

Bellator signed Phil Baroni (15-17), I take it you both are gonna have a religious experience when he fights?

Also, a closer look at some of their match-ups:

After his loss to Awad, which was also his first pro loss, Brooks fought then 9-5 Chris Leyva, who was on a 4-fight losing streak.

After his loss to Clementi, who also had his first pro loss, Sarnavski fought against then 15-12 Tony Hervey...

A few more notes are:

Shlemenko fought three times before his title fight with Falcao, who was on the sidelines for 9 months

And Christian M'Pumbu, who was the champion, was put on the shelf for over a year (injured opponent, but regardless) before defending the belt.

So yeah, how do you like them apples??

No sand in vagina here. How about you?

His Co Main event was Chandler vs Brooks

The Co Main event of UFC 148 was Tito vs Forrest 3
The Main event of UFC 133 was Tito vs Evans 2

Didn't see many complaints then.....Now that Tito is on a Bellator PPV he isn't good enough to be on a PPV card? Pretty funny....just saying

Don't yellow card me for destroying your argument bro.

I'm not even sure what argument you think I'm making.

Tito vs Forrest 3 wasn't something people were clamoring for, it was filler. A fight Tito lost. And yes, plenty of people were bitching about a third fight considering the 2nd was unspectacular.

Tito v Evans 2 was a last minute replacement, unlike this card where it was built up as an attraction. A fight in which Tito got slaughtered and wasn't given much of a chance.

Tito was over the hill years ago when he was in the UFC and now he's even older and slower than he was before and will continue to get older and slower. He's not a top 20 guy at LHW and he fought a MW, whereas before he was at least in the same weight class as his opponent. If you have depth, you don't need to be having Tito fight a MW.

Tito, Rampage, Mo - they're all on the downside of their careers. If they were draws years ago that is not bearing down on a 2014 card. Your above "point" is irrelevant.

And Brooks/Chandler wasn't anything special as far as talent goes, you see matchups like that every other card w/ the UFC - in the middle of the card.

I agree with Bjorn here. Why would you charge people for a sub-standard product?

It's like buying a chocolate bar for a certain price then the company selling the same bar but a quarter of the size for the same price two weeks later. You're obviously going to get some people that really want it and will buy it but the masses will not and will get angry instead.

I know that's a pretty shit analogy but you get the idea.

I agree with him. I stopped watching UFC years ago because it's all shite...

Back