BJORN: Rampage won't be pressured to fight Newton

Page/Newton is the fight to make. WTF?

Look Bjorn, no matter what you do, Rampage is gonna end up talking shit about how you mistreated him. So don't even bother trying to walk on eggshells around this primadonna. I still think they should just put together the Rampage/Tito fight now, for $$$. No idea who Newton would fight though, and I'm hoping Mo just goes away.

I would still love to see Rampage fight Tito!

Ha,

Eddie can still fight Chandler

Page doesn't have to fight Newton

What's the reasoning in this promotion when it comes to the title picture?

So, what is the fucking point of doing these tournaments, Bjorn?

If Bellator wanna get serious and major league, they need to scrap these tournaments as they no longer mean a fucking thing. Nobody is fooled anymore, Bellator - or rather Viacom - pick and choose what fights they make regardless of who wins a tournament or who is waiting in line having won a tournament.

LOL Bellator going against everything they built their brand on.

Bellator are on thin fucking ice, as far as their credibility and legitimacy are concerned.

They built their entire brand on being about the sport, earning your shot at the belt, the tournaments, all that jazz.

And since Viacom took over, all of that has gone out the window.

First it was giving Alvarez an immediate rematch with Chandler after the first fight, despite a tournament winner waiting in the wings. This was the start of all these "Championship Clauses" in the fight contracts. (Although I have a feeling this was before Viacom took over)

Then it was champion Attila Vegh sitting on the sidelines while Mo v Newton determined the interim LHW champ.

Then Pat Curran getting an immediate rematch against Strauss, while Pitbull is forced to wait.

Now the champ Alvarez essentially gets to pick who he wants to fight, despite the fact that Brooks is the Interim Champ (although there was no "interim" to be heard when they read the decision for Chandler v Brooks).

And Rampage has won a tournament, but doesn't want the shot, essentially wasting the tournament and taking the spot of a fighter who would like a shot.

They need to pick a side; legitimate sporting organization or not that.

To be honest, I think they might be best to scrap the tournaments and just focus on putting on fun fights. Or at the very least, cut down on the tournaments. I can't force myself to care about these tournaments when they're so frequent that, in some divisions, there's a logjam of tournament winners waiting around to get a shot at the belt.

Ah, fuck it, they may as well just scrap the Championships Belts too. They've completely devalued their belts with all these championship shenanigans and no one really gives a fuck who their champions are anyway. Just let the fighters all fight each other and it'll become apparent in time who the cream of the crop are, belt or no belt.

I think this is the direction they're going to go in. Bjorn was openly calling Tito v Schlemenko a "freakshow fight", but they're still pretending to give a shit about tournaments.

They need to drop the charade and go pure entertainment, IMO. Follow a pride model. Build up fighters by feeding them cans. Give us size mismatches.

Fuck the legitimacy, give us the violence.

Man, why does everyone keep mentioning Rampage/Mo 2? Did that fight really scream rematch to anyone?

No, but Rampage literally did... even though he won.

I tried to give a shit about that fight, but I just couldn't. I mean literally while the fight was happening. That shit was boring and I have NO desire to see it again.

Damn, haters come out of the wood works in every Rampage thread. The amount of assuming that goes on with Rampage is astounding. 99 percent of the time, Dana White is the biggest piece of shit on the planet UNTILLLLL Rampage says he treated him like shit. Then it's "Oh St. Dana, how has he been allowed to forsake thee!!"

"Oh he's just gonna talk shit about you later anyway" STFU with that shit. It's played out, it's old, and you're completely clueless about any situation that actually happened behind the scenes. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. You don't know and I don't know. So guess what, even as a gigantic Rampage fan, I don't give a fuck about what happened behind the scenes. Whether he was fucked over or he did the fucking over, it doesn't matter. You are all way to wrapped up in the things this guy says. I get it, every one is entitled to their own opinion, but remember...that's all the fuck it is. It's an opinion. It is NOT fact.

Now, If everything we've heard is correct, Bellator knew from the get go that Rampage didn't want to fight Newton. All Rampage wants to do now is make money and put on fun fights. He want's to "bang bro". People shit on him. He doesn't care about the title, he said that. He wanted to do the same thing in the UFC but all the MMA elitists have to bitch every time the #1 guy isn't fighting the #2 guy and the #3 guy ins't fighting the #4 guy. God forbid we have a clear title picture AND put on some fights that are just fun. For once, I wish people would just give this dude credit. If anyone has earned the right to bitch, It's him. He's a legend. Whether or not you like it, doesn't matter. He is.

Anderson Silva comes out, says he's done with the title and wants to do fun fights. The guy is universally liked for it. That's a cool thing to do.

So let me get this straight....you have to be one of the two or three best fighters in the history of fighting to do that? You can't have had a 40 fight career, fighting legends, unifying belts and still competing at a high level and then just want to put on some exciting fights for your fans? "Oh all he did was bitch about having to fight wrestlers" well you know what happened with that? He fought each an every single one of them.

just make Rampage/Tito, that fight was lost, better late than never. Plus, Tito said Quinton should watch out at the presser, which was probably unintentional as usual, but it's still a call-out.

What worries me about that one is Tito pulling out again, so there's a good fight with Zayats, as well (both had similar fights with Mo).

well newton has to fight someone, seems like it should be Tito since he's coming off a win and mo has a loss

well newton has to fight someone, seems like it should be Tito since he's coming off a win and mo has a loss

Vegh/Newton 3 while Tito/Zayats/Mo/Rampage have fights, anyone who wins those will do.

Vegh/Newton 3 while Tito/Zayats/Mo/Rampage have fights, anyone who wins those will do.
I keep forgetting that Vegh and Newton fought recently lol..........

Man that fight was bad.

Regardless, I wanna see Rampage beat the crap out of Tito honestly.

I would rather see Rampage take big fights then to bitch about fighting a former training partner and someone who uses the same coach. Rampage is a legend. Let him fight the fights he wants at this point of his career. Titties, James Toney...Tito...whoever. Just let him bang. He's still exciting and is worthy of plenty of good fights left.

I would rather see Rampage take big fights then to bitch about fighting a former training partner and someone who uses the same coach. Rampage is a legend. Let him fight the fights he wants at this point of his career. Titties, James Toney...Tito...whoever. Just let him bang. He's still exciting and is worthy of plenty of good fights left.

I'd watch Rampage/Tony as long as it's a boxing bout. I sure as hell dont want to bare witness to a second Tony MMA fight.

And excuse my ignorance but is "titties" the dude from the Rashad/Rampage TUF season?

Wouldn't be surprised if we see Mo/Page 2 and Ortiz/Newton.

Tito-Rampage for the interim LHW belt while Newton is "sidelined" with the same "injury" that they assigned to Vegh. Meanwhile, have a 2-man, one-night tourney between Lawal and a sack of potatoes to crown the intercontinental TV champion.

Tito-Rampage for the interim LHW belt while Newton is "sidelined" with the same "injury" that they assigned to Vegh. Meanwhile, have a 2-man, one-night tourney between Lawal and a sack of potatoes to crown the intercontinental TV champion.

Knowing Bellator's luck, Mo would lose and the sack of potatoes would go into free agency and a bidding war with the UFC.

Doesn't say much for the title when your tourney winner doesn't even care about the belt.

Rampage wants to get paid and it's not like the Bellator LHW title means all that much anyway.

Bellator are on thin fucking ice, as far as their credibility and legitimacy are concerned.

They built their entire brand on being about the sport, earning your shot at the belt, the tournaments, all that jazz.

And since Viacom took over, all of that has gone out the window.

First it was giving Alvarez an immediate rematch with Chandler after the first fight, despite a tournament winner waiting in the wings. This was the start of all these "Championship Clauses" in the fight contracts. (Although I have a feeling this was before Viacom took over)

Then it was champion Attila Vegh sitting on the sidelines while Mo v Newton determined the interim LHW champ.

Then Pat Curran getting an immediate rematch against Strauss, while Pitbull is forced to wait.

Now the champ Alvarez essentially gets to pick who he wants to fight, despite the fact that Brooks is the Interim Champ (although there was no "interim" to be heard when they read the decision for Chandler v Brooks).

And Rampage has won a tournament, but doesn't want the shot, essentially wasting the tournament and taking the spot of a fighter who would like a shot.

They need to pick a side; legitimate sporting organization or not that.

To be honest, I think they might be best to scrap the tournaments and just focus on putting on fun fights. Or at the very least, cut down on the tournaments. I can't force myself to care about these tournaments when they're so frequent that, in some divisions, there's a logjam of tournament winners waiting around to get a shot at the belt.

Ah, fuck it, they may as well just scrap the Championships Belts too. They've completely devalued their belts with all these championship shenanigans and no one really gives a fuck who their champions are anyway. Just let the fighters all fight each other and it'll become apparent in time who the cream of the crop are, belt or no belt.

I think this is the direction they're going to go in. Bjorn was openly calling Tito v Schlemenko a "freakshow fight", but they're still pretending to give a shit about tournaments.

They need to drop the charade and go pure entertainment, IMO. Follow a pride model. Build up fighters by feeding them cans. Give us size mismatches.

Fuck the legitimacy, give us the violence.

No, but Rampage literally did... even though he won.

I tried to give a shit about that fight, but I just couldn't. I mean literally while the fight was happening. That shit was boring and I have NO desire to see it again.

Not to mention making Joe Warren vs. Rafael Silva for an interim belt, even though Dantas is simply out with a concussion...nothing exactly long term

Viacom/Bellator whoever clearly has guys they want to be star champions, and interim belts are the best they can do

I bet they're praying they can do Newton vs. Rampage only for Newton to get injured/sick so they can do Mo vs. Page II for the interim belt

tournament format/earned title shots is a joke at this point, may as well just scrap them all together

Back