BJORN: Rampage won't be pressured to fight Newton

PIT FIGHTER

YAMMA Pit Fighter
@Silver
Reaction score
Since becoming a Bellator Tournament winner, Rampage has made it clear the idea of fighting E. Newton did not particularly tickle his fancy.

Now, Bjorn Rebney has confirmed the season 10 Light-Heavyweight Tournament Winner is not going to be pressured to fight the reigning and defending Bellator Light-Heavyweight Champion.

Bjorn-Loves-Rampage.png

Screen_Shot_2014_05_20_at_11_12_36_AM.png

... I'm going to talk to him about it, but I'm not going to disrespect a guy who's been nothing but standup with us. He's rocked and rolled as a promoter for us, so I'm not going to say we're making this fight and plant this flag in the sand.

He's a world-class athlete, so you can pick and choose and move around fights and do pseudo-superfights, or you can look to recapture a world title on a stage where there's a lot of good fighters

SAUCE

Probably reschudele the rampage/Tito fight and do mo/Newton 3

Why the fuck would you even be in a tournament where the prize is a title shot, if you don't want to fight the champ??

so what was the point of putting him in a tournament, if he is not going to fight the champ?

i understand Bjorn doesn't want to upset his biggest STAR, but seriously, is this real life.

Let's say Newton holds the title for another tournament cycle and then loses to whoever the next tourney winner is.

Does that mean Rampage then gets to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase for a title shot?

Let's say Newton holds the title for another tournament cycle and then loses to whoever the next tourney winner is.

Does that mean Rampage then gets to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase for a title shot?

don't you normally win one of these briefcases, by winning a ladders match? or am i thinking of something different. Cause i don't member Page climbing no ladder.

Bellator is just making dumb decisions at the moment lol

Of course he's not. Bjorn loves Rampage and doesn't want him to become disllusioned. The Newton fight isn't even a draw. Fighting Tito would be a much bigger deal. Newton can be replaced with any other nameless, faceless guy to the average MMA fan who just wants to tune in to see what Rampage is up to.

I love Bellator but this is BS. As someone else so succinctly put it, why was he in the tourney in the first place if he didn't want to fight Newton. Either he thought Newton, his team-mate, was going to lose to Vegh or the tournament is complete and utter BS (which it kind of was).

That fight needs to happen if Bellator wants to be credible. Otherwise, just book Alvarez-Chandler, Mo-Rampage and give Tito the shot at Newton.

Mo and Rampage should keep fighting one another until either Mo wins or Newton loses the title.

I'm alittle bit of a Rampage fan if you can't tell...but man he better not be in any more tournys from now on then. It's a big waste of time for everyone.

he would literally be a Gate keeper...lol.....**** blocking on Mo and other fighters from fighting for the belt... and Emmanuel Newton would go down as longest reigning champ..lol.

imo, I think this is just a business move by Rampage....to get more money to "take" the fight, but doing a great job acting concerned about fighting a former training partner and having the same wrestling coach.

its like no one foresaw Rampage winning the Tourny or something.

RAMPAGE WON!!!! Great Now what? can't fight for the title? oh sheeeeeeeeeeeet.

Why the fuck would you even be in a tournament where the prize is a title shot, if you don't want to fight the champ??

Im sure it'd be Bjorn's idea. Winning the tournamen just added three more fights to Rampage's deal. Bjorn isnt stupid, he'll insist the title fight is the last fight (hoping someone else topples Newton in tjat time), so if Rampage wins against the new champ, he has another three fights forced onto the deal.

Have him fight Titties and Toney, imo. Just let Page bang for the last couple years he has left.

Bjorn has been getting punked left and right by his fighters lately and after the King Mo situation i dont expect that to change.

"He's rocked and rolled as a promoter for us"

lol vintage Bjorn, hes such a dork.

Back