BJJ's standup?

I have to say I have seen some awesome takedowns in BJJ competition, but only at the high levels. Otherwise I've only seen wrestling double or single shoots or pulling gaurd.

I'd say any BJJer who has a strong standup game is at an advantage from the start with the ability to complete a takedown into a dominant position for groundwork or defend/counter well against an opponent with NO standing game. Same applies to standing grip fighting for an advantageous controlling position when you DO go to ground.

mmahamzah said:
why should i lie

im not just gonna blurt out stuff like that

didnt say you lied, i jokingly said you were just chatty after someone asked about the relevance of your post.

We ALWAYS train takedowns at the beginning of class whether it's gi or no gi.

colinm said:
didnt say you lied, i jokingly said you were just chatty after someone asked about the relevance of your post.

haha sorry

i did do judo for like 2 years when i was younger and i got to a yellow belt but recently i been training with my brother

I consider myself lucky as my instructor was a Judo black belt before BJJ and was a national champion for a few years in Judo in Brazil prior to starting his BJJ training....so with that said, he incorporates takedowns/throws in our training.

Back