BJJ world champ list- help finding thread

padirk165

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I know there was a thread somewhere that had a list compiled of "real" world champs for both gi and no gi. can someone post a link to it if they can find it, been searching with no luck. By real I mean it was a list of adult mens BB division.

thanks for the help

IBJJF results (for many of their different comps including the Mundials from 1996 to 2010) are here: International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation

There are also the CBJJE Mundials ( from 2007 to 2010) and the results can be found on here: CBJJE

The predecessor to the CBJJE, the CBJJO also had the Copa do Mundo (2002 - 2007), results can be found on the web archive here for 2002 - 2006 and the 2007 black belt results here

ADCC Results (albeit some of them are incorrect) are here: ADCC Results | adcombat.com

Between these links and the ones above, you should find what you are looking for.

If you have a specific question or want to know about a specific person, by all means ask on here.

No offense to the competitors, but does anyone count FILA as a legit world championship? They tend not to have all the elite sub grapplers in there. I think most people view the Mundials or ADCC as more prestigious.

Ive got to agree with the last two posts.

FILA at this point, is 2nd tier, at best.

Ive got to agree with the last two posts.

FILA at this point, is 2nd tier, at best.

Fila has less meaningful line ups than a lot of Grapplers Quests. Hopefully that will change over time.

Also I like that the real world champions refers to the men's champions. LOL.

a423.gif

If a high level female grappler gives a seminar in my area I will be there. I think women are more technical than men (in general). I have learned a lot paying attention to how women do things as compared to male grapplers.

A while back I saw that Leticia Ribeiro was giving a seminar and was sad to see that it was (women only). You guys are just trying to keep your female grappling secrets to yourselves aren't you?

Back