BJJ white belts v.s. Olympic Judoka at U.S. Open XV

stimbox

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Don't want to muck up Chino3's thread any longer...

That can't be an olympic judoka and if he he is, which I doubt a lot, what the fuck is he doing in a while belt tournament, fuck him.

I'm not sure what he's doing in that division, but he's clearly being respectful of the fact that is he far more skilled than his opponents.

Nonsense...I have seen what Olympic level Judokas look like and that guy is not one.

An Olympic level judoka would destroy a BJJ white belt...PERIOD.

I would give the average BJJ guy about 10 seconds before he would be standing on his head.

It's a no-win proposition for him.

He wins > "Pfff - what a loser, sandbagging in the white-belt division"
He loses > "Bwahahah - what a loser, he got beaten by a white-belt"

Apparently you guys missed the other thread.

Frankly I was expecting more of a beating.

He's not ranked in BJJ, why should he compete at a higher belt?

Nonsense...I have seen what Olympic level Judokas look like and that guy is not one.

An Olympic level judoka would destroy a BJJ white belt...PERIOD.

I would give the average BJJ guy about 10 seconds before he would be standing on his head.

He actually is an Olympic level judoka. And like most elite level athletes competing against recreational athletes, he's being very careful not to hurt his opponents. You see the same thing if you watch NBA players going with the kids at the local Y, or hockey pro's at the local rink.

When I lived in Edmonton, a couple of the Oiler's would play pickup hockey with the locals sometimes. You'd be surprised how seldom they took anyone into the boards hard.

Maybe because his skill level is far greater than that of a BJJ white belt.

If he has a BJJ instructor, and they didn't promote him to a higher belt, we can't really say anything.

If he has a BJJ instructor, and they didn't promote him to a higher belt, we can't really say anything.

Exactly. It's up to the instructor's discretion what level of BJJ their student should compete at.

I shutter to think what my judo coach would do to a bjj white.

It would be a seriously brutal one sided beat down. No doubt.

Mongolians tend to have weak newaza because so many of the Judo guys are also traditional Mongolian wrestlers (Only has throws). Though that's on a world class Judo level, "weak" for an Olympian should still be pretty high.

At no stage did anyone look close to breaking his posture (standing) nor did he look like he was in any danger of having people escape from his pins.

He stood upright, quite relaxed and picked his time to throw his opponent cleanly and with complete control.

I don't see how he does not look like an Olympic level judoka. No-one said he was a medallist or even current Olympic qualifier - but I don't know whether you were expecting a judo highlight reel from him or something.

Just want to add that, had this dude gone in at a higher belt and gotten styled on, you lot would have made an uproar about how he wasn't ranked and he was still competing at a higher belt. Had he jumped in at BB and gotten used as a human surfboard, this thread would be 10 pages of people complaining.

Apparently you guys missed the other thread.

Frankly I was expecting more of a beating.

I dont know if u were watching the same matches as me, but it was pretty clear he was just toying with them. He looked like he could have took a nap and still won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back