BJJ vs Wrestling w/ full takedowns legalalized

BJJ guy looks of lighter weight class.

Body-slams are deadly.

Not really, it depends.
Matt Hughes got instantly submitted twice after body slamming an opponent.
Fedor submitted that blond niga from from pride after he body slammed him'
And much more examples
Rampage is still slam GOAT!
DC got decent slams.

Yeah don't reach and grab at guys who are that much better then you.

thts why you sit on your ass if you are going vs a much better bigger stronger wrestler. ADDC rules are the same.

thts why you sit on your ass if you are going vs a much better bigger stronger wrestler. ADDC rules are the same.

In his defense he tried to, the wrestler was just having none of that.

He didn't try that hard, as soon as the wrestler would disengage he stood up and followed.

Don't know the rules of the event but I would imagine the wrestler would have had to engage the sitting guard

then you instist on fighting on the ground, trying to wrestle a wrestler when you are a bjj guy with no wrestling is just stupid.

In IBJJF rules, all takedowns are legalized. If the takedown ends up like a high velocity takedown and the guy gets air, that isn't considered a slam. I believe they only just recently banned the German suplex though. SO usually, bjj rules do allow full takedowns

Also, that looked to be possible cause the wrestler was bigger

your thread title implies as if most bjj sport competitions don't allow all takedowns when in fact all takedowns are always allowed (except german suplex)

Last edited:
He didn't try that hard, as soon as the wrestler would disengage he stood up and followed.

Don't know the rules of the event but I would imagine the wrestler would have had to engage the sitting guard

I never understood this double standard:

If a BJJ guy refuses to stand up and pull guard against a wrestler/judoka, he's grappling smart.

If a wrestler/judoka doesn't dive into the BJJ guy's guard and instead wants to stand where he can try to pass on a takedown, he's at fault for not wanting to grapple and should be penalized.

I only really do BJJ these days, but this mentality drives me nuts.

I never understood this double standard:

If a BJJ guy refuses to stand up and pull guard against a wrestler/judoka, he's grappling smart.

If a wrestler/judoka doesn't dive into the BJJ guy's guard and instead wants to stand where he can try to pass on a takedown, he's at fault for not wanting to grapple and should be penalized.

I only really do BJJ these days, but this mentality drives me nuts.

Yup, bjj bias.

Back