BJJ vs. Judo

Status
Not open for further replies.
both are really branches on the same tree (wow that sounds deep)

Not again...

Must be a full moon.

Search engine: USE IT!

Fedor: I think highly of BJJ. But I see some disadvantages as well. Jiu Jitsu is a rather good Martial Art base. But one need to guide newcomers at the very beginning in order to avoid and eliminate the future mistakes. I can't say combat sambo or bjj have more or less advantage in case of transition to MMA. If people get involved in it, it's only for their good. Moreover it helps popularize the sport itself. For me, personally, combat sambo is the native sport ans this is the reason I believe sambo is more versatile, dynamic, free and less monotonous.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=746541

Fedor: I think highly of BJJ. But I see some disadvantages as well. Jiu Jitsu is a rather good Martial Art base. But one need to guide newcomers at the very beginning in order to avoid and eliminate the future mistakes. I can't say combat sambo or bjj have more or less advantage in case of transition to MMA. If people get involved in it, it's only for their good. Moreover it helps popularize the sport itself. For me, personally, combat sambo is the native sport ans this is the reason I believe sambo is more versatile, dynamic, free and less monotonous.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=746541

yeah that guy is pure class... unlike this troll of a thread

BJJ vs. Judo is Star Wars vs. Star Trek for MMA fans. Please don't ask it anymore.

no not jesus - if it were jesus.. he would have picked bjj a long time ago.

I say we solve this problem the way you solve the Ninjas vs. Pirates debate.

Get 100 nerds, lock them in a room with a computer and some instructionals for a week, and then let them out and see if they've come to an answer...or killed each other.

They should just sticky a "BJJ vs Judo vs Wrestling (all varieties) vs Sambo vs. whatever" thread so these ones stop popping up on a monthly basis. They'll never stop, better to just keep them contained.

They should just sticky a "BJJ vs Judo vs Wrestling (all varieties) vs Sambo vs. whatever" thread so these ones stop popping up on a monthly basis. They'll never stop, better to just keep them contained.

No one reads the stikies until they either A. Get flamed, or B. see someone else get flamed.

and neither A or B really works for the search function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back