BJJ versus Baseball Bat or Knive

Saw this from Rener & Ryon Gracie (I still watch some of their videos, even though I disagree with their philosophies) not to long ago and I thought it was interesting.

STARTS AT 1:20

Tyler

Apply a flying armbar technique to the bat. The bat will snap in two from the power of your technique. Then apply the same technique to your attacker's actual arm. It will have the same effect.

Immediately seize your attacker's knife arm in a kimura. Then use the control to make him stab himself in the ribs several times. Shout out "Why are you stabbing yourself?" repeatedly while you do this in case there are any witnesses. Lethal force is very serious, so you want to have a good defense in case any cops show up.

LMAO! Good stuff.

Apply a flying armbar technique to the bat. The bat will snap in two from the power of your technique. Then apply the same technique to your attacker's actual arm. It will have the same effect.

Immediately seize your attacker's knife arm in a kimura. Then use the control to make him stab himself in the ribs several times. Shout out "Why are you stabbing yourself?" repeatedly while you do this in case there are any witnesses. Lethal force is very serious, so you want to have a good defense in case any cops show up.

/thread

I would do everything possible to avoid a knife fight. Most times, I would do anything possible to avoid a fight in general. Even if that means backing down like a p*ss.

Short Story:

My friends and I jumped a guy with a knife(who just stabbed my friend) and luckily did not get stabbed. Looking back I would not have done the same thing.

Long Story:

One of my buddies was stabbed at a party in high school. The kid that stabbed him was strung out on something, not sure what but had some crazy paranoid episode. It was outside and dark. My buddy was in the front of the house, me and my other buddies were the back. I hear people start saying "Jay got stabbed'. Me and my other buddy run to the front of the house, it's pitch dark, people point us in the general direction of the stabber. We start yelling at him and clipping towards him. He is not saying much. As soon as we get close enough I punch the guy in the face and my other buddy starts in on him too. It was super dark and we were apparently close to a boat on a trailer, we are tangled up and all trip over the trailer hitch, both of us landing on the kid. We continue to punch him and soccer kick him then all of a sudden mom of the guy who was hosting the party is trying to jump on top of the kid getting his ass kicked. I guess she saw the knife and was trying to control it. She makes the horrible mistake of grabbing the blade. Her hand are getting cut and she is taking some of the blows from the bystanders trying to screw up this kid for stabbing our friend. The kid who hosted the party is yelling "Stop, you're hitting my mom!" It was truly crazy. It finally gets broken up, the mom is bleeding, the kid is fucked up bleeding from the face, my buddy that was stabbed is holding his gut. The EMT, and cops show up. The stabber was taken away. I got in shit from the cops for spitting on the kid as they took him away, but nothing came of the beating that we gave the stabber. Basically, I was young and dumb (and drunk). Looking back I would have handled the situation much differently.

Saw this from Rener & Ryon Gracie (I still watch some of their videos, even though I disagree with their philosophies) not to long ago and I thought it was interesting.

STARTS AT 1:20

Tyler

Oh man that is a bad knife defense.

If you hate life, practice this one. There are so many things wrong I don't even know where to start. Just don't do it is the best advice.

Thanks for the please stop idea, I'll have to remember this if the situation ever occurs. Yelling please stop while having someone in a RNC would be funny though.

apply a flying armbar technique to the bat. The bat will snap in two from the power of your technique. Then apply the same technique to your attacker's actual arm. It will have the same effect.

Immediately seize your attacker's knife arm in a kimura. Then use the control to make him stab himself in the ribs several times. Shout out "why are you stabbing yourself?" repeatedly while you do this in case there are any witnesses. Lethal force is very serious, so you want to have a good defense in case any cops show up.

perfect! Now I hope to get attacked!

Defense to a bat attack is actually very easy. Both of his hands are on the bat and there are only two ways he can swing it (overhead or like a baseball swing) either way you just step close to him and tie up both his arms. Fighting with a bat is one of the worst weapons.

I got jumped by 4 kids who were playing real-life Grand Theft Auto (Don't ask...I didnt believe it either but they actually told me that after the fact) and I took a bat from a kid doing this. There were 4 kids that all took a beating, I feel no joy from this bc they were 17yrs old, but fuck it I didnt make them jump me

And a knive is just an extension of your hand. Much harder to disarm a knife, and scarier, but not all that hard once you are comfortable. If someone pulls a knive on you.....RUN! Unless you cant! I was taught to defend knife attacks and Id still run if I could!

wow, how did you get the 'bat' from the guy? Did he try to swing at you when you were going in for it?

I would do my flying double spinning horse stance acrobatic leg crossing superman punch.

Honestly - I'd use whatever skill I needed to so I can create space, and then I'd shoot the guy. Before I tried any of that, I'd try to walk away

There's been knife defense that I've done in Kali and Hapkido as well as some blunt object defense - it's about keeping eyes on the weapon.

In the firearms (pistol specifically) training I've had we've done force-on-force where the simulated knife has paint/lipstick smeared on it so you know when you've been tagged. I'll just say that while I've been able to come out on top (tueller drill etc...this was before any martial arts training) but going against a knife is something I'd rather not do.

I'd hate to be faced with either option, but i'd defenitly choose bat over knife.

U have to do an outside block or inside block (whatever way he is coming from). Do not run from a knife. Outside / inside block and then reverse punch. All power comes from the hips on the punch. Bjj cannot help with most fighting. A lot. Of other arts is better.

U have to do an outside block or inside block (whatever way he is coming from). Do not run from a knife. Outside / inside block and then reverse punch. All power comes from the hips on the punch. Bjj cannot help with most fighting. A lot. Of other arts is better.

Are better. Your punctuation is also way off. Most trolls at least try....oh wait they don't.

Back