bjj v judo

haha that was great. What rank were those judo guys? It was hard to see. That BJJer has a smooth game, not erratic at all.

Not sure, BJJ player is a purple belt. It suprises me how easily the first guy gives up his back.

can you tell me the rules of judo real quick?? Cause it looked to me that first guy tapped like 3 times and the match kept going, or why did they stand them back up if he didnt tap?

John O'Brien said:
Not sure, BJJ player is a purple belt. It suprises me how easily the first guy gives up his back.

yeah

what about those wrestlers aswell, as soon as they hit the ground they give their back, what's with that?

it's called judo, where pinning is a form of winning. Their guards suck so naturally the best option is to turn over.

As for the video, just as example of extreme lameness, the ref was retarded, if it was me i would have stood that guy up every single time and called ippon on the time he pulled guard just to teach him that's he's in a judo competition. some time soon these ref are going to wise up to this lameness and just stand them back up immediately. I do BJJ, i'm a fan of groundwork but such an approach to judo just goes against everything that judo is meant to be as a sport. Ground work should be spawned from failed throws and scrambles, not because some guy is totally afraid of everything that judo is about and exploits loopholes and refs who are unfamiliar with bjj.

so a green belt judokas (which i got in 2 months) vs a bjj purple

assuming a purple belt takes 6 years to get i think it was pretty damn unfair on the bjj'ers part. Not only that but the bjj guy has no interest in actually doing any judo, that my friends is sand bagging in the extreme.

bjj purple vs judo=way unfair. but some nice moves, pissed me off when he kept playing guard though he coulda stayed top.

I'm embaressed for the BJJ guy. A purple belt in BJJ against Green Belts in Judo? That first judo guy looked like he had about 6 months of training. Against a BJJ purple? Lame. Sandbagging pussy.

What's with the mat size? That looks to be about a quarter of the size of a regulation mat. What's up with that? What kind of judo tournament is this?

And I've never seen a ref who would allow that guard pulling shit to go on in a judo tournament. Ever.

Weird stuff. Something doesn't seem right.

Well this is not surprising. They put two guys against each other and one guy has a way better ground game. Too bad he keeps flopping to his guard, I hate that.

It even says it in the website title " BJJ lurker in judo competition. ;). "

Sandbaggage.

When I was taking Judo, I was a blue belt in BJJ. I made it a point to put my BJJ away for a little while, at least while i was on the judo mats. I also made it a point to Randori only with black belts. And they were cool with this because even though I didn't know Judo, my wrestling and jiu-jitsu experience gave me good balance and made it kinda unfair...

how about a sequel? "bjj purple belt lurker in beginner freestyle wrestling competition" im sure his superior submission from guard would give those wrestlers a tough time.

Sauron said:
so a green belt judokas (which i got in 2 months) vs a bjj purple

Not sure what McDojo you went to, but 2 months for a GREEN?

So you went to Yellow, Orange, Blue, Purple, and Green within 2 months? Right...I call bullshit.

yeah it wasnt really even entertaining. The judo guys skill level was pretty low so I was not impressed.
Also I DO think it was pretty crappy that at the VERY LEAST he didnt even attempt ANY throws.
I mean he is in a Judo comp after all maybe he should try a lil Judo too with his BJJ.

It would be like a Judo black belt entering a BJJ comp throwing blue belts and holding them in a pin from side control the whole match..
No fun..

b0b said:
Not sure what McDojo you went to, but 2 months for a GREEN?

So you went to Yellow, Orange, Blue, Purple, and Green within 2 months? Right...I call bullshit.

I jumped from white to low green on my first grading and i think it might have been 3 months afterall.

Idon't know what belt system you have but here it's
White, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Brown, Black

i did well in my first grading and won via ippon and submission.

Sauron said:
I jumped from white to low green on my first grading and i think it might have been 3 months afterall

i did well in my first grading and won via ippon and submission.

wtf
mcDojo for real..
im only orange and ive been going for a year, we dont sparr during gradings?

Jaggulat1on said:
wtf
mcDojo for real..
im only orange and ive been going for a year, we dont sparr during gradings?

maybe it's different for you

In our gradings we have our theory signed off and then we go to the regional grading where it's just like a competition and they give you a certain number of matches and see how you do.

Well, it was nice to see the submissions the Purple was pulling off, but that was such a one-sided match. I felt terrible for the Judo guy, he looked like he didn

Back