bjj used in street fight (vide)

In the first one the guy let him back up and the other guy went right after him again.

I gotta work on my standing double leg for real fights cause you can't exactly use the low single on concrete.

you can but I don't recommend it. Work on a body lock, I'm a big fan of tying people up in self defense situations instead of diving for a double which can leave you exposed a bit. The old randy couture fight and win series has a good example of protecting yourself while closing the distance and using the clinch for the takedown.

i didnt think he was a grappler before the fight started

i started fighting him thinking that i could keep it standing and he slammed me and fought me on the ground like a pussy. i actually DID fall asleep at the end because everyone knows that groundwork is BORING (which is why people boo during UFC events).

gotta go, but i'll check this thread later, mum's making bangers and mash.

i didnt think he was a grappler before the fight started

i started fighting him thinking that i could keep it standing and he slammed me and fought me on the ground like a pussy. i actually DID fall asleep at the end because everyone knows that groundwork is BORING (which is why people boo during UFC events).

gotta go, but i'll check this thread later, mum's making bangers and mash.

This ain't the Heavyweights Forum, troll.

I saw no bbj at all. That was all ground and pound.

I dont think that was anything

That was the art of "throw guy to ground, get on top, and punch his face in"

you can but I don't recommend it. Work on a body lock, I'm a big fan of tying people up in self defense situations instead of diving for a double which can leave you exposed a bit. The old randy couture fight and win series has a good example of protecting yourself while closing the distance and using the clinch for the takedown.

Yeah but I'm a small guy so I don't do so well in the greco clinch, get muscled too easily, thats why I do low singles. I definitely wouldn't just dive in though.

Yeah why do some people always write bbj...

Slip of the finger or is there something im missing

Textbook example of BJJ takedowns and BJJ punches.

otoh...it did look like fella went right for control...that shows some grappling base maybe. Not too many w/o some grappling go to containment like that. Lots of untrained would prefer more offnce imo.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if this fella was quite good really.

I think I just over expected some 'Nog' shit.:D

Guy B picks fight with guy A.
Guy B goes to sleep.

Synopsis sure sounds like it's got BJJ in it... or guy A has ki powers...
One of the two.

I for one don't think its a fake at all. The guy was doing karate kata prior to the video being turned on and eddie called him out on it (if you really listen to the audio). We have an older guy at my gym that does that shit behind the instructers back all time during jiu jitsu class. He's been doing karate crap for 40 years or something and thinks he's awesome and does that shit during class. It distracts the entire class. Someone flopping his arms and legs around like a fish out of water draws more attention than a humble instructer not moving much, talking to his students. The idiot in the video was doing that kata crap while eddie was holding a jiu jitsu seminar @ Legends Gym, and distracting everyone. Eddie made him feel like an idiot, the guy got pissed, charged Eddie, and you saw the result. Plus, anyone who can put the tap on Royler Gracie doesn't need to post a fake video to make himself look cool. Putting to sleep some no name karate / kung fu punk is not going to make Eddie look any better in anyones mind.

I for one don't think its a fake at all. The guy was doing karate kata prior to the video being turned on and eddie called him out on it (if you really listen to the audio). We have an older guy at my gym that does that shit behind the instructers back all time during jiu jitsu class. He's been doing karate crap for 40 years or something and thinks he's awesome and does that shit during class. It distracts the entire class. Someone flopping his arms and legs around like a fish out of water draws more attention than a humble instructer not moving much, talking to his students. The idiot in the video was doing that kata crap while eddie was holding a jiu jitsu seminar @ Legends Gym, and distracting everyone. Eddie made him feel like an idiot, the guy got pissed, charged Eddie, and you saw the result. Plus, anyone who can put the tap on Royler Gracie doesn't need to post a fake video to make himself look cool. Putting to sleep some no name karate / kung fu punk is not going to make Eddie look any better in anyones mind.

Agreed. I can't see anyone going like this. And I thought it was real. Cheesy, but real.

I am pretty sure that Eddie himself admitted to this being fake and a staged prank.

I think his intention was to play a joke on his students.

Back