BJJ Scout: Conor Mcgregor Study Part 1: Left hand Overview

dertdent

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

A short intro into Mcgregor's left hand setups.

Delete if already posted

This site has been lacking in Conor threads.

Thanks TS.

Left hand overview:
Good weapon against smaller opponents.
No KO potentional against fighters same size or equal too.
Exception is Mayweather which made McGregor look like he had pillow fist.

As a southpaw fighter who also TRIES to use his left like Conor, it is amazing to see how he sets it up.
I think the most amazing thing is how the throws from the shoulder without signaling the punch, and still having all that power. That is a pretty unique feat.

That said WAR Khabib.
<Fedor23><Goldie11>

Good video, but it seems more like a preview for another video, which will likely be a preview for another video. I'll wait till the series is done to watch the rest.

Still, it's informative. Thanks for sharing.

Left hand overview:
Good weapon against smaller opponents.
No KO potentional against fighters same size or equal too.
Exception is Mayweather which made McGregor look like he had pillow fist.

What a bunch of shit...shorter, taller, makes no difference whatsoever on the chin...height doesn't make your chin stronger or weaker...and you can't compare how conor did against mayweather..that is BOXING..IT'S A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT sport...You should know this already..."no ko potential against fighters same size or equal too" considering only 2 guys have ever gone the distance with conor, that comment is retarded...only hate diaz and max holloway have managed to get out of the 2nd round...that means, nobody has ever made it out of the 2nd round with conor, aside those 2...

10214470-1024x683.jpg

What a bunch of shit...shorter, taller, makes no difference whatsoever on the chin...height doesn't make your chin stronger or weaker...and you can't compare how conor did against mayweather..that is BOXING..IT'S A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT sport...You should know this already..."no ko potential against fighters same size or equal too" considering only 2 guys have ever gone the distance with conor, that comment is retarded...only hate diaz and max holloway have managed to get out of the 2nd round...that means, nobody has ever made it out of the 2nd round with conor, aside those 2...

Those are the only two guys he's faced taller than 5'9 in the ufc. Maybe conor doesn't like punching up?

Never have and never will watch a full video with an electronically generated voiceover. Particularly not one that starts with "What's up my MMA homies".

Nate and Max are also taller than McGregor thanks for proving my point dummy.

<Waaah>

As a southpaw fighter who also TRIES to use his left like Conor, it is amazing to see how he sets it up.
I think the most amazing thing is how the throws from the shoulder without signaling the punch, and still having all that power. That is a pretty unique feat.

That said WAR Khabib.
<Fedor23><Goldie11>

Doesn't throw from the shoulder, it comes from the hips. The wide stance he employs makes a bigger lever mechanism which makes more torque which = power. In boxing its basically a "power punchers stance". You can see when McG throws his hips are turning before anything else, which catches a lt of these wind up over hand right mma guys off gaurd.

Never have and never will watch a full video with an electronically generated voiceover. Particularly not one that starts with "What's up my MMA homies".
Yeah, if you have some weird-ass shitty voice then write an article. Or get a buddy to narrate your video. Got 5 seconds into that shit and closed it down.

Nate and Max are also taller than McGregor thanks for proving my point dummy.

<Waaah>

They both also have 2 of the best chins in mma history...pourier, aldo were both nearly the same size as conor...and conor has fought guys his size in cage warriors..you really think an inch of 2 makes any difference in how someone can take a shot? and you call me a dummy...hahahaahahahahaha

They both also have 2 of the best chins in mma history...pourier, aldo were both nearly the same size as conor...and conor has fought guys his size in cage warriors..you really think an inch of 2 makes any difference in how someone can take a shot? and you call me a dummy...hahahaahahahahaha

An inch or two makes a difference...

That's what she said

These videos can be pretty interesting, but they usually get in over the creator of the videos head. Its like asking someone what time it is and having them describe a watch sometimes.

Dude has a pretty decent understanding but wheb he starts trying to get too technical you can tell the dudes never trained striking at a moderate level. Illusion of knowledge kinda shit, like when you ask someone how a plane flies or how a combustion engine works.

They'll usually explain it to you because they can perceive how it works from viewing it, or rationalize how it works with logic but its usually missing the key fundamental details. Not knocking the guy i just dont like too many of these technique breakdowns unless you got the credentials. Not that I'm Manny Steward or anything but still.

It’s all about Conor’s monkey antics, his spinning kicks, side kicks, wandering jab, every single thing Conor does is supposed to either mask the left hand or provoke a response to throw it.

Since the majority of fighters lack practical experience against southpaws since they are such rare sparring partners, a decent or good Southie appears phenomenal.

Back