BJJ schools in Atlanta?

Terere**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am going to live there, my dad was invited to work at CDC.. does anyone know good BJJ schools for me to practice? Is there a decent Brazilian community in atlanta area? Thanks!

Also can anyone inform me of "Lakeside Highschool"?

There are several different schools in Atlanta. You have Alliance, Tiger Academy, Triple Boxing, All of the knuckle up schools, Atlanta Martial arts academy. There are several more but those are the only ones that come to mind straight away.

Not to thread hijack, but does anyone know of any tournaments going on in the Atlanta area this April?

Casca Grossa is on March 22nd, and naga in early may.

To the TS, I go to Tiger Academy and could not be happier with my training. As previously mentioned, there is Alliance , Triple Boxing, and Knuckle Up (the Gracie Barra here).

thanks a lot... now my other two questions
lakeside highschool + brazilian community

Man, you're lucky, Alliance has a great school out there. Jacare and Cobrinha and Chris Moriarty.

Here are some Lakeside High School students:

justine3.jpg

senior3.jpg

And it looks like Lakeside has at least one dominant team:

academicteam1.jpg

I am happy about alliance.. not so much about highschool =( things seem so corny and like the movies.. people are all boring and squared

I am happy about alliance.. not so much about highschool =( things seem so corny and like the movies.. people are all boring and squared

It's been a while since I've been in high school (8 years), but I think there are at least a few cool people at every high school. And if you pretend like you grew up in a City of God-style favela, you will certainly be the coolest kid in school in no time; suburban American kids eat that stuff up.

From Atlanta Journal Constitution article in early Feb 08: "In 2004, the U.S. Census Bureau pegged Georgia's Brazilian population, mostly in Cobb, Gwinnett, Fulton and DeKalb counties, at 21,500 people, a figure considered low by many in the expatriate community."

From what I've seen, there is a significant Brazilian population in Atlanta - a number of stores with Brazilian flags are scattered across the metro area. Brazil is also opening a consulate here in Atlanta.

Another place to train: www.unit2fitness.com in Midtown Atlanta (Roberto Traven instructs here).

i just moved to nyc from ATL, and i def recommend Roberto Traven. He teaches at unit2fitness.com and its one of the best prices in the city.

alliance has Jacare - the old one.. not the black amazon one.

Back