BJJ school is a scam.

I've trained at Gracie Humaita and ATOS in San Diego. Both were top notch schools and both cost well over 100 dollars per month.

And I thought it was well worth it.

If you want to find a school that costs less than 50 bucks per month then good luck. Maybe in other areas but I've yet to see one like that.

I hear you can go to planet fitness for 10 bucks per month. Maybe that's more your style?

LOL

I personally love when a cocky wrestler comes in to roll.

Loop chokes all day. They don't stay cocky for long.

Back in the day instructors worked normal jobs and then taught classes at night at some random place that let them throw mats in. Now there are people who's only job is teaching.

I remember when martial arts classes used to be like $25 bucks per month in the late 90's-early 2000's. Now it seems like there is some Gracie Barra or Brazilian JJ on every block charging $150 plus a month.
Candy bars used to cost a dime when I was a kid and now they're a dollar. Inflation. Paying $150 a month to a BJJ school is not bad. They have to keep the lights on, pay rent, pay instructors, and everything else it cost to run a business. If a student is enjoying himself/herself, learning something, and staying in shape, $150/month is cheap.

Lol, I use wrestling at jiujitsu practices and piss some people off. I love it

Probably a wasteland thread tho/
I trained wrestling and still lay and pray during BJJ sparring due to my short gas tank. LOL

LOL

I personally love when a cocky wrestler comes in to roll.

Loop chokes all day. They don't stay cocky for long.
Trust me boy, Ive stacked up my share of black belts like accordions in the gym. I use catch wrestling strong style to grind you Brazilian BJJ kids.

I think muay thai gyms are more over priced they require less materials and overhead than bjj and charge 4 times what boxing does.

Trust me boy, Ive stacked up my share of black belts like accordions in the gym. I use catch wrestling strong style to grind you Brazilian BJJ kids.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

The 360 and walk away joke is old as sin. Get with it you Noobs.

I love it when I'm grinding my forearm into a BJJ guys face and using my top control when rolling. There response is what are you doing? Lol I'm kicking your ass is what I'm doing

Currently a student of bjj but also have a karate background. I remember attending a point karate tournament once. I distinctly remember a school there where every single of the 20 students was a black belt or higher. They did no kind of point fighting either. They all just did a dance routine to ace of base. Point karate is bullshit BTW but what's even bigger bullshit is all students getting black belts as part of signing up for martial arts classes , which seemed to have been the case with the ace of base karate class. Anyway I hope to not see this happen with bjj

There is a gym in Princeton wv called advantage martial arts and they are a huge scam they try and trick people into believing they are legit jiu jitsu instructors and they are all ranked under pancrase they even have a website that when you click on the jiu jitsu link it shows there main instructor getting his black belt but it's really a black belt in pancrase they always go to tournaments and get crushed but I still think they need to be exposed for being fraud

Back