BJJ school is a scam.

PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I remember when martial arts classes used to be like $25 bucks per month in the late 90's-early 2000's. Now it seems like there is some Gracie Barra or Brazilian JJ on every block charging $150 plus a month.

The instructors scam there students to commit to years of membership with the promise of getting there next belt level.

Then your paying $100 + just to enter some tournament.

It's a shame martial arts has turned into big business. Every time I enter a grappling tournament I claim Indepenant and I get a kick out of kicking some Brazilian BJJ schools ass. With good old American wrestling.

Every time I enter a grappling tournament I claim Indepenant and I get a kick out of kicking some Brazilian BJJ schools ass. With good old American wrestling.
seh6p.gif

Lol, I use wrestling at jiujitsu practices and piss some people off. I love it

Probably a wasteland thread tho/

Depends on where you go.

Some schools are more "Sport" BJJ, and other are more self defense orientated.

Would pick the latter ANY day.

if there are students willing to pay the fees, and they are teaching legit martial arts then whats the issue? things cant stay 25 dollars just because thats how you remember things being..... think of factors like inflation, the current economical factors etc.

Some are great, some are good, some are bad (but probably still better than the hold out mcdojos)

Who ripped you off?

Post about it in the grapplefuck forum

They will change the rules and DQ you for not following their woman's defense from her back style.

So basically TS enters in the beginners division lands a takedown and stalls in guard.

The instructors scam there students to commit to years of membership with the promise of getting there next belt level.

What is up with this? My brother just went to a school that said he needed a TWO YEAR contract/commitment. You seriously think I'm going to sign a contract longer than my lease with a martial arts school?

Gym near me I might switch too is like 125 a month. Shit is insane buts it's like 1 mile from me. I do live in Vegas though, so I have many choices.

What is up with this? My brother just went to a school that said he needed a TWO YEAR contract/commitment. You seriously think I'm going to sign a contract longer than my lease with a martial arts school?
Lol at contract. I'd do a 360 and walk right out.

That's the goal of the Brazilians, get a black belt then come to America and scam Americans into ridiculous contracts to train UFC.

I remember when martial arts classes used to be like $25 bucks per month in the late 90's-early 2000's.

I remember how cheap rent, gas, milk, and bread used to be 20 years ago, too.

Now it seems like there is some Gracie Barra or Brazilian JJ on every block charging $150 plus a month.

Every block. Literally. Check Google Maps OMFG there are so GD many I might barf.

The instructors scam there students to commit to years of membership with the promise of getting there next belt level. Then your paying $100 + just to enter some tournament. It's a shame martial arts has turned into big business.

Tell you what. Rent a space, invest in the equipment, then pay the utilities, phone, water, business tax, instructors, insurance, etc. and see how much you have to charge to make a profit.

Every time I enter a grappling tournament I claim Indepenant and I get a kick out of kicking some Brazilian BJJ schools ass. With good old American wrestling.

Do you then go back to work where you charge people 1990's prices and wonder why you're going broke?

Back