BJJ Police: Guy in UK needs help

pheonix5

Purple Belt
Reaction score
CARLSON GRACIE lineage
Matt Lawes claiming a purple under Manimal. Says he trained with him for 1-2 years around 2000-2002

DLR lineage
Antonio Velez Garcia claiming a brown under Juan Manuel "Juanma" Suarez from Spain.

"The DLR guy has rolled with people from our academy. He is 120kg and allegedly a brown belt, couldn't pass a 65kg blue belt's guard and rolled with a 90kg purple after the purple had rolled for 45mins (brown hadn't rolled at all) and the purple ended up not subbing the guy but in dominant position the whole round. Nobody that has rolled with him says he feels brown belt level, not even purple.

The claimed purple Carlson guy has never been involved with the BJJ community in the UK at all. Says he received his belt in 2000-02 (I can't remember specifically) which means he would have been one of the first UK purple belts ever, but nobody knows anything about him. None of the guys who were involved in UK BJJ since the beginning have ever come across him.

I think it's important to verify these guys before they end up with black belts on and start promoting people"

Break his arm, problem solved

First find out his lineage and such. He could be legit. I know nothing of this situation but lets say he did get his brown 12 years ago - is he older? did he take a lot of time off? All of that could factor into his rolling if it was the case (again i do not know). I would respect the belt until I found out for sure it was fake though.

So is the guy trying to instruct? Is he taking students? Or is he just going to class and claiming these ranks?

Back