BJJ Phenom Brendan Schaub talks about his upcoming fight.

PirateTetra

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
[YT]X-Qg_sWQRCs[/YT]

Mitrione is obviously afraid of him. You can see it in his eyes.

It takes a lot of talent to unite Sherdog behind Matt Mitrione, but Schaub has just about pulled it off.

Oh shit. Schaub challenging Meathead to a ground war. It's over

Schaub via neutralization

I've always liked Mitrione but this made that even more relevant. I just hope Schaub doesn't utilize that wicked BJJ.

Oh shit. Schaub challenging Meathead to a ground war. It's over

Schaub via neutralization

The problem for Meathead is that i would take Schaubs boxing over anyone in the HW division. So it doesn't really matter where the fight takes place. Poor Matt.

3.gif

n2g4gg.jpg

iFZDg7aEdNnf3.gif

Last edited:
The problem for Meathead is that i would take Schaubs boxing over anyone in the HW division. So it doesn't really matter where the fight takes place. Poor Matt.

I don't blame you, he's in another timezone when it comes to speed.

Schaub shook the paradigm. John Danaher is trying to dissect his game as we speak.

bbjj.jpg

After Schuab shuts him down, he will take it to the level after shutting it down...

I hope Meathead wrecks him.

I like how Schaub disses him for being a failed football player turned fighter... Isn't that what Schaub is too? Except Mitrione was actually a little better at it?

I hope Meathead wrecks him.

I like how Schaub disses him for being a failed football player turned fighter... Isn't that what Schaub is too? Except Mitrione was actually a little better at it?

Yeah, at least according to his wiki.

Schaub was born and raised in Aurora, Colorado, the son of Julie and Peter Schaub.[3] He has German, Italian, and English ancestry.[4] He was an all-state performer in football and lacrosse at Overland High School after high school he attended Division III sprinting Whittier College where he was a member of both the football and lacrosse teams. Prior to his junior year he transferred to the University of Colorado, where he redshirted his first season in Boulder, first playing tight end before moving to fullback. He went on to appear in 26 games during his career at Colorado with no starts.[5] After college, Schaub played professional football in the Arena Football League with the Utah Blaze and also spent time on the practice squad for the NFL's Buffalo Bills.[2] He was a special guest on the Travel Channel show Ghost Adventures where they investigated the Peabody-Whitehead Mansion.

After retiring from football, Schaub returned to Colorado where he began training in mixed martial arts.

Why do I get the feeling that Schaub is just making a mockery of the pre-fight hype talk? It looks like he can barely keep a straight face while he's rattling off most of this stuff. Mitrione seems somewhat serious but I think it's pretty evident that there's absolutely no genuine bad blood here and that Schaub has kinda assumed his heel status and has decided to run with it.

"Matt is a football players whos time ran out in the NFL" Says the guy cut from the Buffalo Bills practice squad

Back