BJJ Personal Insurance Coverage

rellik_yzarc

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Where can I get BJJ Personal Insurance Coverage?
It seems the insurance agencies provide only for clubs.

Never heard of it, but it would be cool if something like that is out there.

great! thanks!

The benefits look pretty weak man. You get $12,500 for being paralyzed if you buy the highest level plan. That doesn't even begin to cover the costs.

I wouldn't use this instead of health insurance. And a lot of health insurance plans do cover amateur athletic injury if you look around. Tons of people play pick up basketball, etc. Health plans generally cover your injuries from training.

The benefits look pretty weak man. You get $12,500 for being paralyzed if you buy the highest level plan. That doesn't even begin to cover the costs.

I wouldn't use this instead of health insurance. And a lot of health insurance plans do cover amateur athletic injury if you look around. Tons of people play pick up basketball, etc. Health plans generally cover your injuries from training.

good point. still searching...

Also check your State laws. In some states (I live in MD & it is one) forbid insurance agencies from excluding coverage for AM hobbie type endeavors. I race motorcycles & they have to cover that too, even when I'm racing out of state. As long as I'm not considered a pro (fat chance, my racing sucks as much as my BJJ does) I'm covered.
Occasionally the Govt. does something right & actually looks out for the people instead of the big companies.

Individual health insurance is the way to go. These plans will cover you from injuries sustained during your training activities. Like anything, the more you use it the more the cost will go up though. Not sure if things will change once the "open market" begins in 2014 though.

I think it's meant to be a secondary insurance, to help cover out of pocket and deductible expenses that primary insurance doesn't.
So in that respect, it seems like a pretty good deal.
Secondary insurance from some big companies is going to cost at least a couple hundred bucks a month.

But you're right, I wouldn't use it for primary coverage.

Back