BJJ/MMA schools in Philly?

infamous mattyd

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Got a job offer from the pHILLY DA and am considering the move. You fockers got any links for schools in philly?

look up jared weiner. i recently went to a seminar of his it was amazing! so much cool stuff, and he uses his weight like no other.

WTF :-( Dude you're leaving us. Wow.. come on man. My favorite fatty can't leave no... he can't.

Rio Grappling Club/Brazilian American Jiu-Jitsu Institute
Head Instructor is Alex Britto (Black Belt under Sergio 'Bolao'-www.bolaojiujitsu.com)
Schools website it www.bajji.com

There are alot of great schools in Philly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Philly BJJ and MMA:

BJJ United under Jared Weiner (Black Belt uner Lloyd Irvin)-

6740 Bustleton Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19149

www.bjjunited.com

email Jared at [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balance Studios under Phil and Rick Migliarese (Black Belts under Relson Gracie)-

Balance Studios Jiu-Jitsu & Yoga
108-114 S Bonsall St.
(Between 23rd and 24th and Sansom st)
Philadelphia, Pa 19103

215-636-9661

www.balancestudios.net

email Phil at [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxercise under Steve Maxwell (Black Belt under Relson Gracie) and Regis Lebre (Black Belt under Saulo Ribero)-

707 Chesnut St. 2nd Fl.
Philadelphia, PA 19106

215-928-1374

www.maxercise.com

email [email protected]

Philly MMA under Brad Daddis, Wilson Reis, etc.-

1321 S. Juniper St.
(off of Broad And Wharton)
Philadelphia, PA 19147

Phone: 215-467-1008

www.phillymma.com

E-mail: [email protected]

Brazilian American Jiu-Jitsu Institute under Sergio "Bolao" Souza (5th degree Black Belt under Carlson Gracie Sr.) and Alex Britto (1st degree Black Belt under Bolao).

Volant Fitness Club
981 East Lancaster Ave.
Downingtown, PA 19335

484-459-2279

www.bajji.com

email Alex Britto at [email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Carpenter (Phil Migliarese Black Belt)
West Chester, PA

[email protected]

John Hassett (Phil Migliarese Black Belt)

Hasssett's Karate and Jiu-jitsu
425 Hurffville-Crosskeys Rd.
Sewell, NJ 08080

856-218-8333

http://www.hassettskarate.com

Robson Moura (2nd degree Nova Uniao Black Belt)

Rio Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
7460 Lancaster Pike Suite F
Hockessin, DE 19707
(302)235-1144

http://riojiu-jitsu.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brad Court (Lloyd Irvin Brown Belt)
Paramount BJJ
(at The Edge Health & Fitness Center)
43 Marchwood Rd
Exton, PA 19341
www.paramountbjj.com

Soid said:
WTF :-( Dude you're leaving us. Wow.. come on man. My favorite fatty can't leave no... he can't.
u hate me cause I won't move to 1950's Cuba with you...

Sewell, NJ 08080

that's where i just began training a month ago. stop by sometime mattyd if you want - i'll show you how white my belt is. heh.

If you REALLY want to learn how to fight, just go to any Eagles/Flyers/Phillies/etc. game, sit in the home section, root for the opposing team, and wear a shirt that says, "You fockers from Philly all suck!"...

You will get VERY good experience in fighting/self-defense in NO time.

DMcKayBJJ said:
If you REALLY want to learn how to fight, just go to any Eagles/Flyers/Phillies/etc. game, sit in the home section, root for the opposing team, and wear a shirt that says, "You fockers from Philly all suck!"...

You will get VERY good experience in fighting/self-defense in NO time.
classic

Quote:

Sewell, NJ 08080

threnody said:
that's where i just began training a month ago. stop by sometime mattyd if you want - i'll show you how white my belt is. heh.

I just started( a few classes) but I would recomend this place also.

i trained for a few days at phillymma and i would recommend it. a lot of the black belt's in philly are under or affiliated with leo dalla/lloyd irvin. phillymma has really good muay thai and mma training, but i think there schedule has less gi training than some of the other local schools. it depends what you're looking for.

Balance has like 5 black belt instructors now. Awesome place to train. Hassetts is cool too, but in jersey vs. pa.

clarkgriswold said:
Balance has like 5 black belt instructors now. Awesome place to train. Hassetts is cool too, but in jersey vs. pa.
Actually, I though there was like 9.

I double-checked... it's actually 7, sorry. I have limited experience with different instructors but have trained under/with Phil M a few times and everybody else who I've ever talked to who trained under him agree he's just as great an instructor as there is. can really watch you roll and diagnose and help fix your problems like no other.

I recommend Philly MMA, Ive been going there for 14 months now and I love it. Brad Daddis is the instructor. It is a really nice facility and Brad is a great teacher.

Balance is amazing. Great bunch of guys. I stop by and train whenever I'm in Philly. No nonsense. No politics. Just good Jiu jitsu

Balance has 7 black belts now

Phil
Rick Migs
John Hassett
Tee Catalano
Rick Macaully
Noah Spear
Tim Carpenter

Back