BJJ Manifesto - Content and Review

Hey Guys, Its Arroyo...

Hey Mr. Arroyo,

I notice that Rob Khan turns his left palm into his opponent's face/neck to apply the crossface/shoulder pressure.

Is this preferred over grabbing their lat with the same arm to apply the crossface? Is this something you would do differently in the gi?

Thanks! Book looks excellent...

ok, so i finally got to read the book and watch the videos today. all of it took about 2 hours.

all the videos linked in the book are freely available on the internet

it includes 3 others videos
1) goofy guard -- this is one of the free videos that is linked in the pdf

2) back attacks -- this is not one of the free links in the pdf. is under 10 mins

3) guillotine -- i did not get to watch all of this one, but it was very similar to the one matt did a while ago with the guy that puked. it was the longest video by far at about 25 mins

so this leaves the pdf

which was about 42 pages

take out all the stuff like a screen cap and link to free videos, TOC, history of BJJ -- it was probably about 23 pages (and the font is very large)

I believe this pdf is supposed to teach you strategy which made it a bit different and you wondered what secrets might be in it

I am not going to write exactly what was in it, but it was the most basic strategy that would be taught about white - blue belt level

an example of some strategy in it would be forcing mistakes vs waiting for mistakes or tricking them into making a mistake
which could be pretty decent if you really explore it. but it was seriously about 1 or 2 paragraphs on this topic or any other topic in the pdf

nothing was in depth at all

And there was other stuff like how you generally want to have your body position if you were say mounted or posture in guard (again, with so little detail it was not worth it)

one thing i have learned as of late (especially after seeing the DOLCE diet) is do not buy any book that does not have sample pages for you to look at

The amount of detail in this book almost made it seem like an Outline

it would be worth 47 dollars only if you can cash in on the private

matt and rob are both legit. it would have been much better if they had just made a regular instructional like saulo or whoever

the best stuff in here was the stuff freely available on their web site

books like BJJ university or marcelo or the guard books from grapplearts and etc all blow this away and are under 30 dollars

as far as videos go, you would be better off just going to youtube- or if you wanted to buy a video for under $47, then you would be much better of buying andreh's dvd or roy dean

I am really not writing this to be a dick

every instructional or book i have every bough, i felt was worth the money

but if i were to say what this is worth -- i would say 15 - 20 dollars

i really could not see anyone being happy spending $47 for this

ok, so i finally got to read the book and watch the videos today. all of it took about 2 hours.

all the videos linked in the book are freely available on the internet

it includes 3 others videos
1) goofy guard -- this is one of the free videos that is linked in the pdf

2) back attacks -- this is not one of the free links in the pdf. is under 10 mins

3) guillotine -- i did not get to watch all of this one, but it was very similar to the one matt did a while ago with the guy that puked. it was the longest video by far at about 25 mins

so this leaves the pdf

which was about 42 pages

take out all the stuff like a screen cap and link to free videos, TOC, history of BJJ -- it was probably about 23 pages (and the font is very large)

I believe this pdf is supposed to teach you strategy which made it a bit different and you wondered what secrets might be in it

I am not going to write exactly what was in it, but it was the most basic strategy that would be taught about white - blue belt level

an example of some strategy in it would be forcing mistakes vs waiting for mistakes or tricking them into making a mistake
which could be pretty decent if you really explore it. but it was seriously about 1 or 2 paragraphs on this topic or any other topic in the pdf

nothing was in depth at all

And there was other stuff like how you generally want to have your body position if you were say mounted or posture in guard (again, with so little detail it was not worth it)

one thing i have learned as of late (especially after seeing the DOLCE diet) is do not buy any book that does not have sample pages for you to look at

The amount of detail in this book almost made it seem like an Outline

it would be worth 47 dollars only if you can cash in on the private

matt and rob are both legit. it would have been much better if they had just made a regular instructional like saulo or whoever

the best stuff in here was the stuff freely available on their web site

books like BJJ university or marcelo or the guard books from grapplearts and etc all blow this away and are under 30 dollars

as far as videos go, you would be better off just going to youtube- or if you wanted to buy a video for under $47, then you would be much better of buying andreh's dvd or roy dean

I am really not writing this to be a dick

every instructional or book i have every bough, i felt was worth the money

but if i were to say what this is worth -- i would say 15 - 20 dollars

i really could not see anyone being happy spending $47 for this

WOW, burn!!!

I disagree with you! how much does a 45 min bjj vid cost about, around 35-45$ depending on who is teaching on it and the quality. Well they give you a extra 45 min worth of vid footage. plus the videos that go with the bjj manifesto, it also had a free private lesson with Matt or rob. how much do private lessons really cost with a top level black belt? Any where from 100$- 175$ your getting that the videos and the book then I say we got a better deal.

here are some clips of my private with rob kahn

YouTube - Private bjj lesson with rob kahn

YouTube - private bjj lesson with rob kahn 2

With all the ads and talks of the instructional I was under the impression that the material would be stuff most people wouldn't know of or implement. When reading through it however most of it seemed to be stuff my instructor constantly reminded us of constantly. There were however neat little tricks I lpicked up and some good analogies that help me understand things a bit better. Luckily I picked it up on I think on black Friday when it was on sale

I disagree with you! how much does a 45 min bjj vid cost about, around 35-45$ depending on who is teaching on it and the quality. Well they give you a extra 45 min worth of vid footage. plus the videos that go with the bjj manifesto, it also had a free private lesson with Matt or rob. how much do private lessons really cost with a top level black belt? Any where from 100$- 175$ your getting that the videos and the book then I say we got a better deal.

here are some clips of my private with rob kahn

YouTube - Private bjj lesson with rob kahn

YouTube - private bjj lesson with rob kahn 2

ok

in my post, i said it would be worth it if you could take the free private

but not everyone is going to go to tampa for a private
buying a plane ticket or driving 100s of miles to get a private is not worth it

most of the stuff you can get for FREE. The videos that you cannot get free are 7 mins on back attack
and 26 mins on guillotine (which if you seen the puke vid, most of the stuff is on that)

a lot of people were actually wondering what on a 45 page pdf that made it worth $47 dollars

all thse videos are free
BJJ Manifesto
BJJ Manifesto
BJJ Manifesto
BJJ Manifesto
BJJ Manifesto
BJJ Manifesto
BJJ Manifesto
BJJ Manifesto
BJJ Manifesto
BJJ Manifesto
BJJ Manifesto