BJJ Manifesto - Content and Review

Luther

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
OK, so now BJJ Manifesto is out and looks interesting. Most of us also know that Rob and Matt are legit and good grapplers.

BJJ Manifesto

There are a couple of clips floating around:

What time is it grip
Shoulder pressure

Up until now I just saw "it's awesome" type reviews. Before buying I'd like to see a more in depth explanation of why the book is so awesome and/or at least a "table of content". Also how many pages has the ebook? Is the font large with big spacing? Is the text dense? ecc...

Any help?

lol, nice title. makes it seem like the TS would have a review of the product, but it is one of your threads so I should have known better.

you still waiting for the grappling gameplan?

i think it was only 40 pages, so about $1 a page.

47$ for 40 pages is a lot.

I know there is the private lesson bonus, but I'm too far from them to be useful.

So nobody wants to spill the bean?

Last edited:
$47 for 40 pages?

That's rape.

They even use a picture of a book that's cleary 200+ pages all over the website. This is shady as hell.

The book is written by my coach Rob Kahn and reflects his uniqe style of Jiu-Jitsu. The greatest asset of this book is that it shows you how to impose your will on your opponent. Rob's head pressure game FROCES your opponent to make a mistake. They are going to expose their arms or neck in response to the incredible amount of force you create. The incredible thing is that this force is actually effortless.

The submissions are simple, but the idea of forcing or tricking your opponent into iving you the openings make all the difference. I actually just covered this concept in my class last night. My students were shocked at how much pressure even the smallest members of the class were able to create once they were shown the proper method.

I've watched Rob and Matt easily catch some of the toughest grapplers around with the very things they are teaching in this book. Your game is going to grow and do so quickly.

Also there is a money back guarantee! You have nothing to risk or lose and everything to gain.

$47 for 40 pages?

That's rape.

They even use a picture of a book that's cleary 200+ pages all over the website. This is shady as hell.

it has a low page count but a lot of videos come with it from what i heard.

The book is written by my coach Rob Kahn and reflects his uniqe style of Jiu-Jitsu. The greatest asset of this book is that it shows you how to impose your will on your opponent. Rob's head pressure game FROCES your opponent to make a mistake. They are going to expose their arms or neck in response to the incredible amount of force you create. The incredible thing is that this force is actually effortless.

The submissions are simple, but the idea of forcing or tricking your opponent into iving you the openings make all the difference. I actually just covered this concept in my class last night. My students were shocked at how much pressure even the smallest members of the class were able to create once they were shown the proper method.

I've watched Rob and Matt easily catch some of the toughest grapplers around with the very things they are teaching in this book. Your game is going to grow and do so quickly.

Also there is a money back guarantee! You have nothing to risk or lose and everything to gain.

Thanks for your feedback Brian (and congrats on your black belt).

Would you mind sharing with us the book's table of content?

I don't think it's asking too much for a book.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your feedback Brian (and congrats on your black belt).

Would you mind sharing with us the book's table of content?

I don't think it's asking too much for a book.

Thanks in advance.

I don't want to step on Rob or Matt's toes - I think your inquiry would be best sent to them at [email protected]

I've been around the block as far as BJJ instruction goes and I know this book will help anyone who invests in it. By seeking out information about the book it shows that you are interested in a book that can improve your BJJ, so my advice to you is to order the book and thank me later.

Don't forget, if you don't believe me, there is a MONEY BACK Guarantee.

I haven't gotten the Manifesto yet, but I've been using the "shoulder of justice" for quite a while. I saw a youtube video of Rob Kahn showing that during a class, and actually choked the guy out he was demoing it on just from the shoulder pressure. I can say that one move alone helped my side control game quite a bit. It's so brutal, that the person on the bottom almost begs for you to mount them to make it stop. My only complaint is that it's been labeled a "dick move" to use on training partners.

I hear Rob Kahn's top game is deadly.

$47 for a book, videos, and a private lesson? Sounds pretty good to me. And the production quality of the videos TS posted were pretty awesome. I can never watch an instructional with poor video and sound quality, no matter who is teaching or how awesome the technique is.

Looks like a definite buy for me.

EDIT: I also love that they are focusing on strategy over specific techniques. Being exposed to tons of black belt strategy is a great tool.

I don't want to step on Rob or Matt's toes - I think your inquiry would be best sent to them at [email protected]

I've been around the block as far as BJJ instruction goes and I know this book will help anyone who invests in it. By seeking out information about the book it shows that you are interested in a book that can improve your BJJ, so my advice to you is to order the book and thank me later.

Don't forget, if you don't believe me, there is a MONEY BACK Guarantee.

I understand the money back guarantee, but this is the kind of marketing (secrets, bonus material, free privates/seminars that most will not use, ecc.) I don't like. I know that this style is effective, but with me it has the opposite effect: I usually buy every book about BJJ without a second though, but I've a really hard time to make this purchase. OTOH even if I don't buy the book I make threads, and publicize it, so I guess the marketing does its job nonetheless.

Anyway, without digressing too much, from the excerpts and clips I've seen it's nothing new for me. I don't mean that the content is poor, but I've been involved in grappling for many years, so maybe it's not useful to me.

I continue to be undecided because I know Rob is very good (a friend of mine trained with him). Following your suggestion, I sent them email requesting the table of content.

I understand the money back guarantee, but this is the kind of marketing (secrets, bonus material, free privates/seminars that most will not use, ecc.) I don't like. I know that this style is effective, but with me it has the opposite effect: I usually buy every book about BJJ without a second though, but I've a really hard time to make this purchase. OTOH even if I don't buy the book I make threads, and publicize it, so I guess the marketing does its job nonetheless.

Anyway, without digressing too much, from the excerpts and clips I've seen it's nothing new for me. I don't mean that the content is poor, but I've been involved in grappling for many years, so maybe it's not useful to me.

I continue to be undecided because I know Rob is very good (a friend of mine trained with him). Following your suggestion, I sent them email requesting the table of content.

You should listen to the Lloyd Irvin interview on the fightworks podcast. I also hate that marketing style as I feel it cheapens whatever product is being sold.

The way Lloyd explained it was that it is the most effective marketing style available. It is so effective that it is used by "snake oil salesmen," or basically those pedaling trash products. However, the style itself is incredibly effective and thats why he said he uses it.

Just because it is used to market crap doesn't mean it is marketing crap.

I have nothing to say about this product bc I don't know anything about it but just a though about the marketing. I agree though, I hate that style of marketing. I feel like it appeals to the lowest common denominator (which I guess is kind of the point).

Hey Guys, Its Arroyo...I understand that $47 dollars sounds
like a lot for a 42 page book...We definitely could have fluffed it
up like most people do and made it 100 pages...but we are not
professional writers and we just wanted to get our point across
as concise as possible...It's not just a book, it also has 12 videos
in it showing you examples every strategy we write about...Like someone said
earlier about how good the quality of our videos are....thats not cheap!!
Also, The bonus videos have over 45 minutes of extra techniques for
you as well...So you get a book and video instructionals...
So Yes, Its $47 dollars, which is cheaper then it costs to take your girl
friend or wife out to dinner for one night at a nice place....and it will
do wonders for your Jiu Jitsu!! and if you read the WHOLE THING and dont
like it, email me and say Matt...this sucks...Give me my money back...
YOU GOT IT!! I dont want your money if it doesn't help you...We've sold hundreds
and hundreds already and we have been getting a lot of positive emails so
its all good either way!! thanks for your interest and I hope that if you decide
to check it out, that It helps you too!!

You should listen to the Lloyd Irvin interview on the fightworks podcast. I also hate that marketing style as I feel it cheapens whatever product is being sold.

Agree with you, I listened to the podcast, and even if I understand why the marketing is effective (and used), it draws my attention away from the product.

As a comparison, someone in a previous thread mentioned another book about bjj strategy by Jacare Cavalcanti: not only I bought it spending about the same as BJJ Manifesto (after shipping and taxes), but I also had to spend time tracking it down, sending emails to Alliance and different vendors, because it's out of stock.

For anyone interested, I'm still reading through it:
Budovideos.com - BJJ Fighting Strategies Book by Romero "Jacare" Cavalcanti

Agree with you, I listened to the podcast, and even if I understand why the marketing is effective (and used), it draws my attention away from the product.

As a comparison, someone in a previous thread mentioned another book about bjj strategy by Jacare Cavalcanti: not only I bought it spending about the same as BJJ Manifesto (after shipping and taxes), but I also had to spend time tracking it down, sending emails to Alliance and different vendors, because it's out of stock.

For anyone interested, I'm still reading through it:
Budovideos.com - BJJ Fighting Strategies Book by Romero "Jacare" Cavalcanti

Dude, I asked about that book in the thread too but I forgot. Thanks for the link!

Please PM me later and tell me how you like it.

i'm not sure if it's been covered before, but with the videos is it just streamed through the internet, or can i download them and keep them for myself?

it is streamed through one of my websites...If I allowed people to
download them, they would be all over youtube the next day...that
would not be good for us, lol

Back