BJJ Manifesto Book

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Luther, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Luther

Luther Green Belt

I'm waiting for the BJJ Manifesto book to come out. Talking about strategy seems an interesting concept. Kesting has done something similar for beginners, but I hope this one will go much more in depth.

BJJ Manifesto

Also I'm interested in the information about how to organize training, very neglected by our sport literature.

Any insider news?

2. Sloth

Sloth Brown Belt

Jacare cavalcantis bjj strategy book is really good Imo. As far as organizing training goes, the best resources I've found are in wrestling and judo books. Ken chertows wrestling website has some good articles on this subject, I think it's kenchertow.com

3. Luther

Luther Green Belt

I didn't know about the book from Cavalcanti. Would it be valuable to a purple belt going for brown? Or is it basic like Mastering Jujitsu by Renzo? (which by the way I loved so much).

I've quite a few books on Judo and Wrestling, especially about the coaching aspect. However I find that BJJ has peculiarities that need to be addressed. They are a good start, but I'm looking for something more, e.g: specific like "Training for Competition" by Meyer, which I also own, but more in depth.

4. kying418

kying418 Blue Belt

If you watch/listen to marcelo's daily instructions on mginaction, you can learn his strategy.

5. anaconda

anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I've never heard of jacare's book. Link or any more info on where I can buy it?

I have been looking for a strategy book since I started training. I would love to get my hands on a copy.

6. anaconda

anaconda Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I dont have any news or anything, but what have those guys proven as coaches? I've heard of both guys but do they have any notable accomplishments to prove they have a sound, quality training program? (I don't know thats why I'm asking).

I've heard about Rob Kahn but only bc he's an old school guy - has he produced anyone of note?

I would be way more interested in a book by Jacare Cavalcanti.

7. jaystorm

jaystorm Yellow Belt

8. TalkShowOnMute

TalkShowOnMute dancingonthecorpsesashes

Not really sure...I only know that Justin Garcia and Brian Mclaughlin trained under him and they both are really good. I don't know that Rob has pumped out tons of mundials champs or anything but it seems he trains plenty of guys that are sharp on the ground and successful in MMA. That's all I can say of any relevance....

9. BJJ Beginner

BJJ Beginner Green Belt

I've trained under both guys and I can confirm that they are legit. Rob hasn't produced any high level champions yet, but then his school is still relatively young. His black belts (Garcia, McLaughlin, Arroyo, and Travis Neagle) are all beasts, and more telling is the fact that the level of jiu jitsu displayed by the average student at their schools is very good as well.

Rob and Matt are both fine instructors with superb focus on the details, and Rob especially is a huge proponent of teaching the mental as well as the physical side of BJJ. If your goal is to become a Mundials champion, you'd probably prefer to train at a place with more black belts and high-level competitors, but for getting an excellent foundation in the concepts behind BJJ there aren't many places I'd recommend more highly than Gracie Tampa.

10. Luther

Luther Green Belt

I wonder when the book will be out.

11. Redwards

Redwards Orange Belt

This tuesday?

12. Rob Kahn

Rob Kahn White Belt

THE BOOK IS OUT TODAY!!!

Go to BJJ Manifesto to
    check it out!!

13. Graunie

Graunie Blue Belt

I've heard nothing but good things from students of Rob's. You can't go wrong here.

14. Luther

Luther Green Belt

Any reviews is appreciated!