1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

BJJ Legion - Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by The Apostle, Jul 23, 2010.

1. The Apostle

The Apostle Green Belt

So I think it was on here a couple of months ago that I saw mention of an underground group called BJJ Legion. I don't know how underground they are anymore because their marketing techniques seem to be working. With the connections here, and on social sites like Facebook, their popularity can only grow.

So, it turns out that they may sponsor you! But me first, I was inline ahead of you! Yep, maybe even little blue belt me. I am not some competitor that drives hundreds of miles each weekend (wish I could) to compete, but I imagine that they'd pay a tournament entry fee for me here and there. Hey if I have to invest very little personal time to rep their company and maybe get an entry fee or rashguard, I'm down. The owners make a statement on one of their support pages where they don't care if you are a black belt or a white belt, if you do enough to represent the BJJ Legion and BJJ Lifestyle, they promise to hook you up.

We have a few members at our gym but I think I am the most active. And by most active all I have done is change a few profile pics and avatars, send out a few friend requests, and taken some pictures. if you go to their website now you can see a crappy one I took using my phone of 5X Pan-Am champion Luis Limao Heredia flashing the BJJ Legion symbol. So far I have gotten BJJ stickers (yeah yeah, stickers, I did put one on my trailer though), a few shout outs on their page, and a gi patch that is actually pretty cool. It is black and red, had it put on the tail of my black gi with red stitching.

I was skeptical at first, like yeah right, this company is going to sponsor ordinary BJJ competitors? I think that's exactly what they plan on doing. It looks like Hillary Williams and Robson Moura are members too. They probably didn't have belt tests though, ha ha.

Anyone have any input or thoughts? Have you had a good experience with BJJ Legion? Yes, no, how so or why not? I have had nothing but good so far so we'll see.

2. chino3

chino3 Purple Belt

I love how they say they are anti-tap out douches etc, yet their "models" are these tools that have pink hair, and are all about flashing signs...

3. The Apostle

The Apostle Green Belt

Wow, one reply all day. I expected a ton more flaming, but all we have is a pink hair comment. I don't know fellows, I would at least check it out. A few mouse clicks, a few emails, free stuff and entry fees paid. They have put up a technique video, they have some humorous ones too, discounts on gear for members only. And one of the dudes reminds me of Gerbiljiujitsu. Help a brother out.