BJJ: Is natural talent required, or just practice?

I will never believe that you need genetics or natural talent as an absolute requirement. I believe that they do give a head start or make it easier. But with enough hard work, anyone can achieve great things.

Says the one without those things...

I personally think you can do really well, but you'll never be a top level ADCC/Mundials competitor without natural talent, obviously. The sport isn't for everybody, physically.

As stated before, it gives you a head start in the beginning, but also will play a huge part as you progress.

2 equal guys in skill and weight roll, the better conditioned, faster, stronger guy will win 9/10

I do not believe that there is natural talent in BJJ, there just are people who learn and adapt quicker, and would probably do so at anything they tried.

As stated before, it gives you a head start in the beginning, but also will play a huge part as you progress.

2 equal guys in skill and weight roll, the better conditioned, faster, stronger guy will win 9/10

I do not believe that there is natural talent in BJJ, there just are people who learn and adapt quicker, and would probably do so at anything they tried.

There are people who learn grappling faster, but not shooting a basketball, even with the same effort. Different types of skills. Body awareness of different types.

Says the one without those things...

I personally think you can do really well, but you'll never be a top level ADCC/Mundials competitor without natural talent, obviously. The sport isn't for everybody, physically.

I'll never believe that. People have been telling me I'm too old, too weak, too short, too fat, too uncoordinated, too unathletic my entire life. It just means I have to work harder. To quote one of my instructors, "I don

Back