BJJ in LA-my experience and a question in general

Zankou - that must put you just a stone's throw away from that strip of bars/restaurants on Wilshire (places like Cues, that mexican bar/cantina place, etc.). That area seems to get a lot of foot traffic nowadays, eh?

I train at Beverly Hills Jui-Jitsu Club and enjoy it there very much. My advice is to talk to Marcus and explain your situation. He's very understanding and will most likely help you out.

alright thanks for the advice. I felt kind of uncomfortable making such a request I guess I will give it a shot as I really liked it there when I tried out last week. I think I will come in on Saturday/Monday morning or so? Which would you think is a better day?

Rickson's school seems nice but I think it outweights BHJJ by price by alot and I already tried BHJJC one class and I really enjoyed it there so I am kind of set on trying to join there. Marcus also has good mma knowledge and slips some of it in to adapt that technique to his BJJ classes as to not develop bad habits. Not saying Rickson's is not knowledgable in mma or anything, just saying I liked what I saw at BHJJC

Woah. I live like 4 blocks from Rickson's and 3 from Soneca. I didn't know they have a bjj program now. Seems like a crowded place to start teaching!

hey i live the same distances from these places, I'm on santa monica and Brockton Ave. where are you?

alright thanks for the advice. I felt kind of uncomfortable making such a request I guess I will give it a shot as I really liked it there when I tried out last week. I think I will come in on Saturday/Monday morning or so? Which would you think is a better day?
Come Saturday. I'll see you there!

hey i live the same distances from these places, I'm on santa monica and Brockton Ave. where are you?

Tho I don't want to reveal too much in a public forum, I'm right by Bundy + Wilshire.

Johil, those bars/restaurants on Wilshire near Rickson's are a bit "meat market," or other special interest. Not something the locals go to much IMHO ... Santa Monica blvd has more of the local-type restaurants.

What's the costs looking like a Beverly Hills Jiu Jitsu? I just went by to look at Hollywood BJJ today and was impressed with what I saw. I'll have to schedule a trial soon.

Back