BJJ in Kelowna

legolas4112003

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hey sherdogers

I am moving to Kelowna BC this September for school, does anyone know any BJJ school in Kelowna?

I train at RDC Jiu Jitsu and Highly recommend it. The owner Sterling Redlack is a brown belt under Marc Laimon, and is a great instructor. At the last grapplers quest ufc expo he took home 4 gold medals, so you know your getting great instruction. The club also offers a judo class and the club has a few judo brown and black belts at it. There is a wrestling class, kickboxing and strength and conditioning as well.

Go to RDC Jiu Jitsu Academy to get more info and class times. It will also give you the number to call if you have anymore questions.

Yea i google it and i found some clubs, i am more interested in what people have to say about those clubs. Thosido seems like a good choice since i do as much MT as BJJ but they don't have any gi classes.

I'd train at Toshido if I lived in Kelowna, that's where Rory Macdonald trains.

Toshido is all no gi. their grappling is more based for mma than it is for sports jiu jitsu. Where places like RDC and the barra club will be gi and no gi for sports jiu jitsu. It all depends on what you are looking for. sports jiu jitsu or jiu jitsu with the focus for mma.

I haven't trained in Kelowna for a few years, but...

RDC Academy - Located in Rutland, definitely the most known grappling club in Kelowna. Headed by a Marc Laimon brown belt, Sterling Redlack, RDC basically cleans house in tournaments. They also instruct striking and MMA classes, and they have some guys who have started fighting MMA and have done extremely well. RDC Jiu Jitsu Academy

Okanagan Grappling Club - Instructed by Marcus Soares purple belt and UFC referee Tony Williamson, this club is relatively new but Tony was one of the first BJJ instructors in Kelowna and ran a club a few years back. The club is located at #3, 1415 Hunter Court, Kelowna, and you can contact them at [email protected].

Gracie Barra - I know nothing about them, because they did not exist when I moved.

Toshido - MMA oriented. Good place to go if you want to learn MMA, but if you want to learn jiu jitsu, not so much.

Back