Bjj has a nasty habit of tapping!

The more I watch these videos the more this is depressing me.

(also look up grandmaster southard / tony southard on youtube)

I do karate at a very good school, as well as BJJ, and I have to say that the only technique that was viable was the two fingers in the curvature of your collar bone, where you press your fingers down into the throat. That hurts like a mother f'er! But, I'd rather go with an elbow to the face.

However, all of the other techniques were utterly ridiculous. For example, the ball flurries would never work. In fact, my friend and I were watching the video and were making fun of it, and then I said, "Hey, I'm gonna choke you and you try to drop your weight down and do ball flurries on me." He dropped down, and you know what happened? It was like he was basically hanging himself. He made the choke tighter, so that's a good technique (sarcasm).

The Takedown from Glasses wasn't even a takedown, he just threw his glasses and then moved towards the guy and the guy fell down. The joint locks are ridiculous, because he could definitely get his arm around, he just didn't try. The locks do hurt, but you can't pull off a lock on someone who is not cooperating. You have to bend their arm all funky using both hands, all the while they have one hand free to pound you in the face with.

Also, the knee-on-belly sweep would never work unless the person you were facing was as thin as a piece of paper. Yes, the turning of the shoulders would break their grip, but the sweep part will not work.

It's a video of stupid techniques, and as someone else said, it's Nerd Jitsu.

The entire video is meant to be a joke, the fact that you and your friend tried these movies and analized them all is pretty funny.

Wow wow wow, well helped time pass at work i suppise not a total loss.

why wouldnt mma be helpful for a street fight in this guys opinion. he views MA as tricks and not a legitimate art.. your not going to put on a concert by playing the opening to "smoke on the water" nor would you survive a street fight with crazy ass joint locks?

wooow the untold gracie technique video is the best EVA!

#4 There is a HUGE ego problem in the world of martial arts. It is unavoidable. However, it can be minimized when the martial artist cares more about lifting up and building up others rather than him/herself. It's really difficult to do because everyone (except true martial artists IMO) wants to compare martial penis size. If your intent is to find out how tough your are, you are on the wrong website. I will not accept any challenges offered by MMA fighters, Traditional Martial Artists, or any whacko who wants to fight me. Your eagerness to fight me and prove how manly you are only pitifully shows how insecure you are about yourself. APPLIED MARTIAL ARTS IS ANTI-VIOLENCE. If you want to make sure I am competent in my skills, that's a very different thing, and all you have to do is come and join in on one of our classes.

lol @ martial penis size

bert.gif

Apparently he is recognized by the United States Jiu Jitsu Alliance, and is actually a Hall of Famer in the organization.

A quick google search yields the official website. I clicked, and my antivirus software stopped me saying the site had all kinds of malware.

Sounds pretty legit. Somebody call Bullshido!!!

The entire video is meant to be a joke, the fact that you and your friend tried these movies and analized them all is pretty funny.

Yeah, the video is making fun of an actual self-defense video series that's real. The guys aren't kidding around, but the title screens in between are making fun of them.

We thought about filming us trying the moves, because it's hilarious.

Yeah, the video is making fun of an actual self-defense video series that's real. The guys aren't kidding around, but the title screens in between are making fun of them.

We thought about filming us trying the moves, because it's hilarious.

do it man

Back