Bjj has a nasty habit of tapping!

at first he says ... you need to harden your body so you don't feel pain.

then he says that when you feel pain you know your alive.

So what I am guessing is that you are suppose to harden your body till you are no longer alive and you can tell you are no longer alive because you feel no pain?

that GM Southard must be an amazing philosophizer.

HAHA!!! This cracked me up. Well done, sir.

Why didn't I think of this?

You know what's funny? I think the move he is describing is actually legal in MMA competitions? But I have yet to see ONE person do this oh so effective counter?!

And now once your partner starts to cry you can torque it a little farther...No its okay we're making him tougher.

Ha ha ha! Holy crap! I love the "Takedown Defense" in that video.

"Just, pop, okay?" I loled on that one. And I like how he, after the pop, uses the guys hair. What if the guy doesn't have any hair or his hair is to short to grab? Well, I guess you're screwed! ROFL

As for the first video, who the heck is stupid enough to think you can tap if attacked on the street? That's retarded. It doesn't matter if you train yourself to take the pain of a submission, which is what they are doing. If I attack you on the street, and I have an armbar, I'm not gonna go slow and stop at your limit for pain, instead, I'm gonna jerk that sucker with all of my leverage and snap your arm in half. Train for that stuff. lol
dont forget this is AFTER he submits the bjj black belt on the streets...

and conditioning his arm for armbars... what they dont know is that i run in front of cars to condition myself for suprise attacks

I wish these kinds of bullshit artists would just all go die in a fire.

That made my head hurt and I think I'm worse at BJJ now...

It's like they took good self defence and ruined it by putting it all together in some overworked bullshit that fat guys with rat tail haircuts are going to use.

It's like they took good self defence and ruined it by putting it all together in some overworked bullshit that fat guys with rat tail haircuts are going to use.

HAHAhahahahaha

You know what's funny? I think the move he is describing is actually legal in MMA competitions? But I have yet to see ONE person do this oh so effective counter?!

Probably because anyone setting in this sub is going to put their knee next to the dude's head and keep his arm from popping up.

I don't what all you morons are talking about. The body hardening is legit. And also the self defense techniques with the older guys wearing regular clothes is spot on... Those are basic karate techiques. When I fight I never take it to the ground. A strong front kick and reverse punch is all I need.......

I don't what all you morons are talking about. The body hardening is legit. And also the self defense techniques with the older guys wearing regular clothes is spot on... Those are basic karate techiques. When I fight I never take it to the ground. A strong front kick and reverse punch is all I need.......

Troll powers ACTIVATE!

These guys need to train heelhooks. Then they'll rethink their stance on tapping.

I do karate at a very good school, as well as BJJ, and I have to say that the only technique that was viable was the two fingers in the curvature of your collar bone, where you press your fingers down into the throat. That hurts like a mother f'er! But, I'd rather go with an elbow to the face.

However, all of the other techniques were utterly ridiculous. For example, the ball flurries would never work. In fact, my friend and I were watching the video and were making fun of it, and then I said, "Hey, I'm gonna choke you and you try to drop your weight down and do ball flurries on me." He dropped down, and you know what happened? It was like he was basically hanging himself. He made the choke tighter, so that's a good technique (sarcasm).

The Takedown from Glasses wasn't even a takedown, he just threw his glasses and then moved towards the guy and the guy fell down. The joint locks are ridiculous, because he could definitely get his arm around, he just didn't try. The locks do hurt, but you can't pull off a lock on someone who is not cooperating. You have to bend their arm all funky using both hands, all the while they have one hand free to pound you in the face with.

Also, the knee-on-belly sweep would never work unless the person you were facing was as thin as a piece of paper. Yes, the turning of the shoulders would break their grip, but the sweep part will not work.

It's a video of stupid techniques, and as someone else said, it's Nerd Jitsu.

Back