BJJ guys saved a woman from being robbed.

stimbox

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Last edited:
That's pretty cool. Nice job guys.

Ha. Awesome. Only way it would be sweeter is if junior got to berimbolo the thief (didn't click link)

I can't find a link to the yelp review. Can anyone provide? And I have a bitter taste in my mouth from when Lloyd had all his rapey yelp reviews removed because they were by people trying to warn the community and not by people who were his students. I wouldn't entirely be surprised if this yelp was removed because she wasn't a student at the club.

I can't find a link to the yelp review. Can anyone provide? And I have a bitter taste in my mouth from when Lloyd had all his rapey yelp reviews removed because they were by people trying to warn the community and not by people who were his students. I wouldn't entirely be surprised if this yelp was removed because she wasn't a student at the club.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bay-jiu-jitsu-academy-san-francisco

It's like the second review on their page. She says something about wanting to bring a thank you gift to the gym. Very cool.

Very cool, here's the text from the review:

"You know all that stuff you see in movies about how true martial artists are supposed to defend the weak and avoid violence whenever possible? I think that's actually true for Bay Jiu-Jitsu.

Yesterday I was robbed literally across the street from this place. Three people ran over when they heard me screaming and immobilized the robber without hurting him - even after the robber punched and bit (!) them. I could hardly believe it, until one of them said he had to get back to his kids who were across the street for a class at Bay Jiu-Jitsu. That's when I realized they were all trained specifically in the art of subduing violent attackers without harming them. I don't think they even let the robber hit his head on the sidewalk. As a result, no one got seriously hurt, I got my phone back, and when the cops arrived they had a very simple case.

So, yeah. Does what it says on the box. In real life. What do you send a jiu-jitsu gym to thank them for catching a robber?"

. . . And they didn't rape her afterwards? :icon_neut

I can't access the yelp page because of my IP address. I'm on a work computer. Does this make sense to anyone?

That's one great story. Shared it on fb, need to educate people that bjj practitioners are not these raged out Tapout shirt wearing thugs looking to choke out people.

Hold on... they were teaching a kids class in the morning, saved a woman from getting mugged, and subdued the attacker without actually hurting him?

Are we sure this wasn't Friday night, the "mugger" wasn't a bouncer who was sent to the ER, and the woman wasn't raped by them immediately after?

Back