BJJ Globetrotter - Help me out :)

I recently spent a month in Portland, in addition to Impact, I trained at 5 Rings BJJ and Nemesis BJJ and had a fantastic experience at all three schools.

I'm based out of the Los Angeles area and can recommend the following schools(there are a ton of well respected gyms in the area but these are ones I can personally vouch for):

1) Jean Jacques Machado Academy(Tarzana, CA) this is my home gym, Jean Jacques is a fantastic instructor and he teaches probably 95% of all the classes, classes are filled with upper belts(it's not uncommon to have 6-8 blackbelts at the 6:00 PM class) and everyone there is awesome.

2) Burbank BJJ - Brent Burniston is a Jean Jacques Machado blackbelt who teaches out of a local area Tae Kwon Do school. Brent is one of my favorite instructors in BJJ and you can find me hear once or twice every week.

3) Murillo Bustamante - before Murillo went back to Brazil to train for his last MMA fight he was teaching out of a gym(who's name and location I can't remember) he's not teaching here now, but I've heard he will be back in the future. I only took one class with him, but it was fantastic.

4) Gracie Barra Encino - Rommulo Barral is the man, and everyone I've met there has been really nice to me as well.

Murilo will be back in California after Toquinho's fight in March. He will be at BTT Long Beach.

I think what your doing is awesome. I live an hour away from LA so I know how great of a place it is to train. You might want to check out San Diego too, great great schools down there.

hey good luck man. Sounds like an awesome experience. BTW, nice looking website.

Are you planning to come to Switzerland? If so I can definitely help you out here and hook you up with some places to train or teach at. Maybe even give you a place to crash or guide you around Z

Back