BJJ Gi's

J

jitsjay

I've decided to take the plunge and start training bjj and prefer to learn with a gi.
What gi should i purchase and should i purchase a lightweight and a heavyweight?

Depends on your climate/gym temp - what you prefer, it's a mostly personal kind of choice. I like middle weights right now....maybe I'll rock a heavyweight in the winter.

Don't BJJ instructors offer their students Gi's to purchase? So many of these threads.

Don't BJJ instructors offer their students Gi's to purchase? So many of these threads.

They do, but in an art/sport like Jiu-Jitsu where you pick the moves and customize yourskillset to what you can do, why not pick the Gi that fits your personality?

Fuji gis are nice, affordable and not too heavy. Hck unbleached is a nice heavy gi that is only $60

At Lloyd Irvins they have a month free thing there right... But if you are committed the first day you come in and sign on a contract or something of that nature...
They gave me a free 100 dollar Gi with a belt

I've decided to take the plunge and start training bjj and prefer to learn with a gi.
What gi should i purchase and should i purchase a lightweight and a heavyweight?

I would recommend going with a more affordable Gi for now like a Club Gi, and then when you know that you are going to stick with it get a nice Gi like a Koral, Lucky, Shoyoroll, etc.

For a first gi I recommend a Fuji Single Weave. It is priced really affordable at $84 shipped and it is a work horse gi. The quality is outstanding for the price and it is extremely comfortable while maintaining it's durability. I have a class gi and a Fushida Komodo. I love my Fushida Komodo because the fit is so tailored for my body, therefore slim fitting. It's really the ultimate competition gi for me. But for regular training the Fuji is by far the most comfortable gi. The fit is pretty slim fitting as well but not as much as the Komodo. It is so soft it feels like I can wear it all day and still be comfortable. I highly recommend you look into a Fuji for a starter gi.

Back