BJJ Gi

cjstephens

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm about to start bjj classes and I was wondering what kind of gi I should get, single thread or double? I know the single thread is cheaper and I'm kinda leaning towards that because I don't have a very big budget. Is there a big difference between the 2 types of threads? I appreciate any advice, thanks.

Fuji makes a really good gi. That's what I bought my son and it is a VERY GOOD gi.

Single-weaves are typically cheaper. Double-weaves are generally very thick, heavy and hot, with thicker collars (which makes it more difficult for your opponents to grab onto). Personally, I would go with a single or gold weave (gold is between the two) if I only had one gi. What is your height/weight?

I've heard good things about Fujis, though I haven't tried them myself. Sirius is another affodable brand that I can strongly recommend.

check out the vulkan ultra light gi. its the lightest weight gi ever made. very breathable. very comfortable. and not too expensive.

depends on you and where you live/train. I sweat to death in my gold weave, but I know it's durable and will last. It is a padilla and sons and I like it, it fits me well, I have problems keeping sleeves legal. There are plenty of decent gis around depending on your budget. Gameness Pearl is around $100. I've heard fujis shrink a lot, but I have no personal experience with them. One of the guys I roll with has one, it seems to work.

Back