BJJ Ever been embarassed by a girl

You lost to better jiu jitsu, as you should. Her gender doesn't make a bit of difference. If you can't get past that, maybe you should find a different sport that's a little kinder on the ego.

^this.

Your problem isn't that you lost to a girl, it's that you couldn't pass guard. I get schooled all over the mat by this purple belt girl at our gym; I don't get pissed or embarassed.

IMHO, there is a huge difference between going easy on someone because of their gender, and not going all out because the person is a damn 80+lbs lighter than you.

And yes, when I roll with women I try my best to purposefully NOT use muscle. Now does that make me sexist?

My instructor's wife use to whip my ass all the time lol, it happens.

Never been subbed by a girl(only one girl at my academy anyway, and im 20 lbs heavier)

Had a older black belt female that caught me in three baseball chokes from as I was passing guard. It's funny too because you think you reach safety after you get into side control like a gullitione, but it doesn't work that way you just tighten the hold and go to sleep.

Haha. Sorry but I would be humiliated getting tapped by a girl. I might never come back. And sure all the guys are like "check your ego, don't be embarassed, blah, blah." But don't tell me you won't snicker at some dude getting tapped by a girl, say in a tourney. At least at the adult level. Come on. That would be awful..

Stop being a bitch man ...she was better then you , who cares ! did the whole class stop and laugh at you ? prob not , you came on here and made yourself look like A Grade-A assclown .

women suck in all sports.

even in chess or bowling, men are better.

I have. And I think it speaks great things for the sport
...and I think Hilary will tap us all

I'd let her mount me eh! lol all sexual innuendo about the talented Hilary aside you just have to move on, I've been tapped by girls, sometimes it's like "well I could have just pried her off" and sometimes it's so solid I'm useless. It happens bro.

Train moar

My first Judo experience was with a quick and athletic 130lb brown belt (I'm 6'3" 210) and I couldn't beleive how owned I got. But it's exactly that that got me into grappling, seeing that technique is far, far superior to strength. I didn't go in with any machismo either, I expected to get beat. Perhaps not quite that quickly and often though.....

If you get embarrased getting beaten by a better grappler then you have a long and hard road in front of you.

There's a girl in my class that I think could break more than a few of our arms

i got subbed by a woman in my intro class which was to be expected, even with me being significantly larger than her. as time went on she continued to work me but i never got subbed again. she was the reason i signed up.

moving forward, we got alot of tough women at our school and while i don't get to roll with them often, they will seek out bigger dudes after class for extra rolls and furhter confirm what i already know...these women are tough.

i won't speak for all women training but the attribute all the women ive rolled with had was finesse and that is something you don't get from rolling with dudes who's sole purpose is to smash (especially bigger dudes), though i believe it has its place in training. when i was coming back from my l4-l5 disc replacement surgery, it was rolling with women and smaller dudes that helped me regain the finesse that left while i was convalescing and that now helps me deal with bigger, stronger dude better.

seeing as one of my instructors is hanette staack (10x world champion) - i check my ego all the way back at the sidewalk... can't say i've ever done anything she didn't let me do...

This morning I got embarassed by a girl at BJJ. She would pull guard every time and she subbed me at least twice in 5 mins. No disrespect to Woman it was just very shocking and i was so embarassed. What should I do and has this ever happened to you. I have never been this embarassed in my life

That's good! Why would anyone want to do an art that only works if you are a big, strong, young male?

At the comp I was at a few weeks ago, in the kids division, there was this little girl who destroyed every boy in her path. nothing more awesome then watching the little boys cry because they got beat by a girl. oh the laughs that were had.

haha my cousin is an awesome athlete but in teeball a girl hit a homerun against him. after the game he stood by his mom crying......20 years later he ended up marrying the girl....she made him cry again

Back