BJJ Ever been embarassed by a girl

Never been embarrassed to get subbed by a girl, but then again, i am a girl....
I'm lucky to train with amazing teammates who don't really care that I am a girl. Only issue I've had was with a guy who was afraid of hurting me because I was a girl. I faked an injury to freak him out. It was kinda funny.
Otherwise no real issues...

We have one girls who has been training for about 2 years and is very near her purple and shes an absolute beast in the guard (also on top) but especially her guard. I'm a high stripe blue and I have about 80lbs on her, and it's almost impossible for me to pass her guard; she's super quick, flexible and has amazing guard technique.

Even the Bbelts have lots of problems with her.

But no, I've never been embarassed. If one of the brand new female white belts who are that much smaller than me tapped me (legitimately) I'd probably never show my face again, but this girl is so damn good noone even cares.

Even though you say 'no disrespect to women' it's still disrespectful.

Being a woman has nothing to do with it. skin colour, size, weight, height, sex, nothing matters when you're rolling. It just all boils down to one thing: technique.

Yes these do, stop deluding yourself.

What you want to do is as soon as she pulls guard, thrust your hips forward as hard as you can 9 or 10 times.

At this point she will be so aroused that she will forget all about submitting your ass with a gogoplata, and you will be free to advance position.

Being a woman has nothing to do with it. skin colour, size, weight, height, sex, nothing matters when you're rolling. It just all boils down to one thing: technique.

I know you are trying to be nice and all .. But size and weight has a shit ton to do with being submitted.

I was rolling with a white belt who out weighted me by 165 lbs and I really couldn't do much against him. I tried my hardest for sweeps and submissions he just physically crushed me and ended up submitting me with a wrestling head and arm pin.

No I haven't really ever gotten embarassed by a girl. Though i've only ever really rolled with 1 that had more experience than me. I'd assume the weight difference would tend to help me out, but if I rolled with a girl that was a purple on up I'm sure they would give me a whooping.

Not embarassed, but I have been subbed by a girl. I was in my first week of BJJ going against a blue belt who was also the instructors girlfriend/wife. I was just happy I didnt get subbed more often :)

At the comp I was at a few weeks ago, in the kids division, there was this little girl who destroyed every boy in her path. nothing more awesome then watching the little boys cry because they got beat by a girl. oh the laughs that were had.

We have a blue belt at our school (female) and anytime she rolls with someone new or a "newer" white belt she usually gets the best of them.

I find it awesome though that a new guy can come in and get completely pwned by a girl. That sells it as far as them wanting to learn how the hell she did it. Let's face it, no guy want's to be able to be beaten by a girl but it happens, and when it does you want to make sure it doesn't happen again. hah

Never been embarrassed to get subbed by a girl, but then again, i am a girl....
I'm lucky to train with amazing teammates who don't really care that I am a girl. Only issue I've had was with a guy who was afraid of hurting me because I was a girl. I faked an injury to freak him out. It was kinda funny.
Otherwise no real issues...

Serious question - Is it sexist to be afraid of hurting a girl though? Not all but a lot of the girls I have rolled with are significantly not as strong so I definitely don't use as much power/force things. I don't think any less of them though.

On a side note, I'm also not scared of being embarrassed b/c I've seen 2 diff female Black Belts at my school, they are very good competitors. One of the blue belts (almost purple) is REALLY good as well.

This morning I got embarassed by a girl at BJJ. She would pull guard every time and she subbed me at least twice in 5 mins. No disrespect to Woman it was just very shocking and i was so embarassed. What should I do and has this ever happened to you. I have never been this embarassed in my life

^^^^^ i was gonna say this. he says "no direspect" but then goes on to disrespect women by whining about how "shocking" and "so embarassed" he was to be subbed by a woman.

i mean goddamn, grow the hell up. she was better at bjj, so what?

Can someone provide evidence of Kyra Gracie beating legit male BBs in competition?

I have rolled with a half-dozen physically fit women, most of whom would probably be considered husky, butch, and very strong by other females. They all were like the equivalent of rolling with a talented 12-year old male who was even lighter than they were. Because of this, I have a hard time believing a like skilled grappler has any trouble with a physically weaker (even when the same size) opponent.

I would love to have someone change my mind, and re-instill some of my confidence in bjj as an equalizer.

I had a purple belt female visit our school for a week. She had really good technique and told everyone to not hold back just because she was a girl, and that she could handle herself. By the end of class she was complaining to me that everyone here just out muscles her, and its not fair... She had rolled with like 3 white belts, the heaviest being 180lbs... Sorry, but if you say dont hold back, dont be surprised if someone uses their strength to escape, or finish a sub... ugh

Anyways, it was my turn to roll with her, as she was venting, and now I am thinking "great, now I HAVE to hold back." Here is the thing, I will use my strength for a difficult sweep, sorry deal with it. I will kimura you with the assistance of my strength, deal with it, I know I do against the MUCH bigger upper belts that I roll with.

meh, sorry /rant

Can someone provide evidence of Kyra Gracie beating legit male BBs in competition?

I reread the first page and didn't see where he said it was in competition.

I have seen one of my instructors (Ana Laura Cordeiro) hold her own against legit male BBs.

Hillary would sub me about 50 times in 5 minutes.

Back