BJJ Ever been embarassed by a girl

IronTyson

White Belt
Reaction score
This morning I got embarassed by a girl at BJJ. She would pull guard every time and she subbed me at least twice in 5 mins. No disrespect to Woman it was just very shocking and i was so embarassed. What should I do and has this ever happened to you. I have never been this embarassed in my life

You should do nothing. Keep training and learn. Same as if a dude owns you.

I've been tapped however I didn't think it was embarrassing. She was simply better than I was. Check ego at the door applies to all sexes.

Even though you say 'no disrespect to women' it's still disrespectful.

Being a woman has nothing to do with it. skin colour, size, weight, height, sex, nothing matters when you're rolling. It just all boils down to one thing: technique.

ground and pound that bitch next time she pulls guard, that'll teach her!

Look at it this way. Jiu Jitsu works! I have been beat by a couple girls and all it did was make me respect Jiu Jitsu even more. The weaker beat the stronger.

I'm a 240lbs white-belt and I was subbed by an 120lbs blue-belt girl. We were working back escapes. She got me in an RNC. To be honest I was trying very hard not to muscle her around or squish her, and kind of let her do it in the sense that I could just tear her hooks out and stand up whenever I wanted.

I think its great gettin tapped by a girl. but only if shes hot. if she was a grenade then ya u shud feel like shit

What is wrong with that? Kyra Gracie subs legit male BB's with ease, even people who outweigh her with 50 lbs.
BJJ is a game of skill and technique, not raw strength.

The girl I went against had the flexiblity of Vinny from the Ultimate Fighter. It was scary. I lasted 30 minutes before she got me in a very sneaky heel hook and I tapped after 10 seconds. It happens, just gotta move on.

you should go back under your bridge, troll

There's a female brown belt at my school who usually gets the better of me.... Don't get subbed very often but her positioning is extremely solid.

Not a big deal. Just a testament to how great of a martial art BJJ is.

No, this has never happened to me. I'm a man, not a weak little boy like you.

If she has trained and honed her skills more, then why was it embarrassing?

Do you feel the same way if you get subbed by a significantly lighter fighter?

Women are smaller and weaker, that doesn't mean they can't compensate with technique.

I have. And I think it speaks great things for the sport

...and I think Hilary will tap us all

I rememeber that first time that I rolled with a girl with quality jits. Scared that crap out of me, not cause she was a girl, but that she was so fast and fluid and was going for kill shots left and right.

I didn't assume she was bad, but assumed I could walk over her...lesson learned

I've only rolled once with a girl. I don't see why I'd feel bad or embarrassed because I got subbed by a girl/woman who was better than me, but the one roll I had was the very first time I ever rolled. She didn't sub me, but I was much bigger, much stronger, in much worse condition and had to power through everything. I felt like a clumsy rapist and it was a rather horrible experience.

Considering the positions I end up in in rolls (nogi) I'd feel awkward rolling with females, but not ashamed to be subbed.

I don't see the big deal. I'm there to train, they're there to train. Awkward positions aren't awkward in context.. I got stuck in a no arm triangle and thought nothing of it except getting my freaking head out.

Grow up.

I haven't yet but I am quite certain it will happen. Probably on my first day. I'm good with it. If she knows more than she should beat me.

Last edited:
Back