BJJ does it again........Street Fight video.

But did you HEAR the thuds from the hair/head grabbing and concrete strikes? I cringed!

Yeah, that was not fun! Adrenaline helped that kid at that moment, but he had some serious aches for a couple weeks after that. That was brutal. He sliced thru that kids "guard" like it was room temp. butter.

Very dangerous for sure!

1. Look, BJJ...fuck yeah!

2. They are Russian, its Sambo

3. Oh, well they sucked anyways. Glad its not BJJ.

These threads annoy me sometimes.

Every couple months or so there is an ACTUAL lol moment on the internet....... this is one of them!:icon_lol:

Every couple months or so there is an ACTUAL lol moment on the internet....... this is one of them!:icon_lol:

You, I and Platfox just pissed off 97.3% of this forum though. Watch your backs!

Just sprawl though, it will all turn out ok. (tee hee)

Oh crap, luckily for you two, you guys can hide out in the Catch Wrestling thread for a while. I got no where to go!

You, I and Platfox just pissed off 97.3% of this forum though. Watch your backs!

Just sprawl though, it will all turn out ok. (tee hee)

Nope, in honor of the Gracie Hunter i am going to be giving up my back and working from there.:wink:

Didn't work out so well for me at my last BJJ class tho.:icon_neut

That man is in desperate need of a Ryan Hall The Triangle DVD.

But he had the KJ Noons kick-in-the-face down perfectly. He must have been watching Strikeforce last week.

"a conjunction of tree moves"? Gotta love it, but im thinking the vid may be an imposter because in the first 20 seconds we see insturction on striking while they were grappling. This type of instruction is clearly only seen in gracie combatives.:icon_neut

is this video a fraud?

hahaha

Does it matter what style it is? He's using the guard, applied a poor triangle, and pummeled the guys' face. The title should say that the guard does it again. Whether the guy trains sambo, bjj, or freaking judo is irrelevant.

He closed his guard, not allowed in sport sambo, and sport sambo doesn't allow chokes either

so obviously it was judo
Leaning towards this...

No dude it was clearly some ancient koryu jujutsu that was thought lost for centuries. He learned it after breaking into some Japanese guy's house to steal his samurai sword. After his only son died, he became the true heir to the art.

I know it sounds preposterous, but just line up a stack of bricks and ask him to show you the Dim Mak. After he explodes just the bottom brick, you will be a believer.
Nope. Nevermind. This is clearly it. [/thread]

Sambo doesn't has chokes though,

This kind of arrogance is why people in America think BJJ are elitists, BJJ is a martial art, its a set of principles and philosophy based on certain techniques.

The correct thing would simply say "Grappling won this fight" because the triangle choke its not exclusive of BJJ, its used a lot more in judo newaza because its a technique which works fast and its clearly seen as working by a ref and therefore there it has a lot of success rate compared to other chokes who may be stopped early.

BJJ did not invented grappling, neither does the Japanese, grappling has existed in all cultures at some point, some to more development than others, the perception that BJJ developed alone its also wrong, the gracies were enthusiasts of cross-training and they did fought judokas and wrestlers from Brazil from which they learned too. However, in the end its all about the individual, not the techniques.

The reason its simple, Americans simply didn't liked grappling before the UFC, they were oblivious to the fact that over 1 century ago in carnivals, they had grapplers doing locks, chokes and throws.

Things like saying that Judo or Sambo has no guard (Fedor armbars anyone), no positional grappling etc etc.

To make it short

1.- This is grappling, the actual art its probably Judo or Sambo because of the location, the techniques are not exclusive to any art, they usually have centuries of existing and have been reinvented many times, If Newton and Leibniz came up independently with differential calculus, its not hard to imagine two guys getting at the same conclusion of something much simpler.

2.- MAs are not entirely a technique a jab can be boxing, karate, kung fu, judo, muay thai, BJJ, kickboxing etc etc, its the philosophy, the mentality and the strategy what defines an art.

3.- This guy is obviously a rookie, his sankaku (Which is japanese for triangle) jime (which is japanese for choke) sucks.

Great post.

No dude it was clearly some ancient koryu jujutsu that was thought lost for centuries. He learned it after breaking into some Japanese guy's house to steal his samurai sword. After his only son died, he became the true heir to the art.

I know it sounds preposterous, but just line up a stack of bricks and ask him to show you the Dim Mak. After he explodes just the bottom brick, you will be a believer.

Nice! LOL

He could of done a couple of escapes there or at least pulled rubber guard for second rather than taking a couple more blows to the dome. Also that seemed controlled, it didn't seem organised or anything but certainly seemed like a controlled situation.

Man, what I wouldn't give to be there and see how technically perfect some of you internet warriors would be in a situation like this.

Back