BJJ classes or academy

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by PBC1989, Jul 22, 2010.

1. PBC1989

PBC1989 White Belt

Hwy I stay in fayetteville, nc and I wanted to know if yall could help me find a real bjj class out academy. All the places I found not a real bjj place just mma... Thanks for any info

2. HEAVY GRAPPLER

HEAVY GRAPPLER Brown Belt

This is the top hit on google - and the guy is a Royce BB with a legit-looking competition record. What's wrong with that?

Team ROC Fayetteville

3. SuperSuperRambo

SuperSuperRambo Senior Moderator Senior Moderator

Also the site says their MMA coach is Tim Kennedy. If that's the same Tim Kennedy that's supposed to be fighting Jacare, then it definitely sounds like a legit place. Kennedy is no joke on the ground, he almost finished Mayhem Miller with a RNC in their fight. Also apparently Tara Larosa trains there.

The instructor seems to be a legit black belt under Royce. It seems like the bjj is definitely more MMA or self-defense oriented as opposed to sport, but it seems like a legit school.

4. InfiniteWit

InfiniteWit Orange Belt

Team ROC Fayetteville is pretty much the top MMA program in the state. I know a few guys who've gone to their Greensboro club and said good things.

5. Shaolin Bushido

Shaolin Bushido Yamato Damashii

It's up there on Reilly Road. Ive been there and it's a nice facility with great coaches; I believe Greg Thompson(Royce black belt) is still the man up there?