BJJ blackbelts that have been submitted by non-BJJ blackbelts?

Roberto Traven was submitted by Frank Mir when I believe he was just a purple belt.

iu

don't think Matt ever got his belt but Almeida did

Nate Diaz submitted multiple Bjj black belts in his ufc run. Early on he submitted Alvin Robinson, junior assuncao, Kurt pellegrino.

He submitted Jim miller as well, though Nate May have been a black belt by then (don’t remember)

Hermannson submitted branch
Hughes submitted almeida
I bet Chris lytle nabbed one lol
Jon Jones submitted vitor

surprised nobody has mentioned this, but Matt Hughes putting Ricardo Almeida to sleep is literally one of my favorite submissions ever.

Saku kneebar on Newton. His kimura on Renzo should count too.
hughes had a little resurgence there in 2010, before bj slept him. thats the time bj should have retired

A black belt being submitted doesn't necessarily mean anything. If you look at RNC finishes some of them are because the person submitted was taking a beating and gave up the sub, not that they didn't know how to defend the choke.

Only a loser would say that

Mousasi submitted Denis Kang (3th degree bb in bjj).

Jeremy Horn is technically a white belt but probalby has half a dozen submission victories against BJJ black belts.
It's a silly metric when you consider that someone like Horn has been submission grappling for 30 years but is a white belt.

Mackens Semerzier submitted Wagnney Fabiano in a massive upset.

This is the first one that came to mind for me, I remember thinking Semerzier was going to be the next big thing.

MMA is not BJJ.
Yeah. This is retarded argument i see almost every month. Lets see how well you can defend a sub when you're seeing double from a knee to the head and barrage of punches. Plus some people are better coaches and instructors than fighters. It doesn't mean they dont deserve their black belt.

Only a loser would say that
Getting punched in the face then submitted says absolutely nothing about with your jiu jitsu skills. A black belt in judo or bjj has more to do with your teaching abilities than it does your skill in competition.

Rumina Sato also armbarred John Lewis back in the day if im not mistaken

That one was great because he came out in his new black belt during the walkouts and got submitted first round.
Ah yes. The black belt on Henderson's fight trunks makes it even funnier.

Getting punched in the face then submitted says absolutely nothing about with your jiu jitsu skills. A black belt in judo or bjj has more to do with your teaching abilities than it does your skill in competition.

Thats utter nonsense

Bones is sure as hell not a BJJ blackbelt but his submission grappling is on point.

He submitted Dan Henderson, Chael Sonnen, VItor Belfort, and Lyoto Machida.

VItor and Machida and Henderson rarely get submitted.

henderson was 500 years old and jones was 200 lbs bigger

henderson vs jones was embarrassing

Can't recall this ever happening. I remember Hughes nearly submitted Gracie but it ended up being a TKO. Bones has submitted a few BJJ blackbelts but not sure if he is one himself or not.
Belts are made up. Literally only exist for pride.
The only thing that is is real and matters is performance

Back