Bjj Academy name

Jdaug

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all, long time reader getting ready to start a small academy. Need some help deciding on the name for the academy. I'm deciding between Dog House Jiu-Jitsu or Casa de Perro Jiu-Jitsu. The other alternative would be "Daug House" the Daug is part of my last name. Appreciate your guys thoughts on this :)

No eye contact jiu-jitsu
Big Daug's Jiu-Jitsu

Daug Style BJJ
Do Da Daug BJJ
Ameri Daug Te BJJ

Or something lame and boring like "Daug's House of BJJ"

gonna need some background info on your lineage and possible accomplishments.

what sets you apart from the rest of the BJJ schools in your area?

Are you part of a team?

Belt rank?

All of these go into people wanting to learn BJJ's thoughts

I didn't get the ameri daug te one, looked it up, good one :) Guard Daug actually ain't bad never would have thought of that.

Rabid Daug BJJ/Jiu-Jitsu

Pit Daug BJJ/Jiu-Jitsu

Lap Daug BJJ/Jiu-Jitsu . . . I kid, I kid! :icon_lol:

all these are terrible, any academy with Dawg in the name is terrible

^^^ I agree.

usually tuf name are reserved for mma clubs.

No definite logo yet, this is a concept I drew up though.
2dmcz9d.jpg

No definite logo yet, this is a concept I drew up though.
2dmcz9d.jpg

I think a Snoopy looking character on top laying in a gi would be better. All this macho nonsense is not what bjj is about, nor is it very welcoming for some individuals. This is the gentle art, and looming mad dog eyes in the dark isn't exactly gentle.

Also, the hyphen should totally be a dog bone :D

My personal preference, FWIW, is a name that fully reflects the owner/master, i.e. First name last name school of BJJ.

Anything with dog is going to attract the wrong crowd,unless that's what you're going for. If you want it to be a place where women,kids and generally nice people want to train name it something like where you're from for instance if you live in Newton, PA name it Newton BJJ or Northside BJJ. If you give it a Brazilian name like the one you gave,Casa de Perro Jiu Jitsu, all the better.

Back