BJ Penn vs. Ryan Hall in the works For Late 2018

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Fuuuuck.

Mentally preparing myself for a BJ fight now is difficult. Which Penn shows up?

Fingers crossed for licking-blood-off-gloves Penn, but ...

4v5ngg.gif

War BJ Penn. Ready to mess fools up again.

you're just as delusional as bj penn is

I don't know of any other fighter who can go on a 5 fight losing streak and not be cut. I know that it's BJ Penn and he was a legend... but these losses hurt his legacy. You could argue that he was up against some killers: Diaz, MacDonald, Edgar and Rodriguez... but then to lose against Siver...

However, this isn't a bad match up. Both have great BJJ and Hall's standup isn't something BJ needs to be worried about.

Whatever the result I hope he retires after this. It would be nice to see him go out on a win though.

BJ

Hopefully after his last few performances he puts the proper work in

I think it's an interesting match-up. BJ as we all know is washed up as a striker and as a defender of strikes. But how is he vs. another BJJ guy? We don't know. It's intriguing. It will essentially be a BJJ match. Ryan with do his side teeps, but they are not going to KO anybody. Ryan will want to go down to the ground, and there we will see him grapple with one of the original great BJJ guys.
my thoughts exactly

I don't know of any other fighter who can go on a 5 fight losing streak and not be cut. I know that it's BJ Penn and he was a legend... but these losses hurt his legacy. You could argue that he was up against some killers: Diaz, MacDonald, Edgar and Rodriguez... but then to lose against Siver...

However, this isn't a bad match up. Both have great BJJ and Hall's standup isn't something BJ needs to be worried about.

Whatever the result I hope he retires after this. It would be nice to see him go out on a win though.

Always thought Bj was overrated... but against ive only been watching UFC since 07'. Gambled and lost his 1st fight against Frankie.. still thought he should have won... He might not win but I think he'll make it a contest especially against a bottom game grappler. I could be wrong because well fuck it... ive lost money on BJ before..

Always thought Bj was overrated... but against ive only been watching UFC since 07'. Gambled and lost his 1st fight against Frankie.. still thought he should have won... He might not win but I think he'll make it a contest especially against a bottom game grappler. I could be wrong because well fuck it... ive lost money on BJ before..

I never understood why everyone loved BJ so much either. Then I read his book and had a new appreciation for him. Reading about his rise in BJJ and how he burst onto the scene of MMA are quite amazing.

Up until his fight with Edgar his record was impressive. Losses to: GSP x 2, Hughes (who he beat in the rematch), Machida (at open weight - was still undersized) and Pulver.

I think eventually the game caught up to him. There is only so far that skill alone can take you.

I never understood why everyone loved BJ so much either. Then I read his book and had a new appreciation for him. Reading about his rise in BJJ and how he burst onto the scene of MMA are quite amazing.

Up until his fight with Edgar his record was impressive. Losses to: GSP x 2, Hughes (who he beat in the rematch), Machida (at open weight - was still undersized) and Pulver.

I think eventually the game caught up to him. There is only so far that skill alone can take you.
Agreed. Good perspective for him. I remember my 1st mma experience was watching pride on the directTV channels like 600 somethins in 2004. Thought Takanori Gomi was the GOAT.. didnt realize Penn choked him out a year before.. anyway... the so called 'golden years' of mma were the best! (although todays is better in terms of skill)

overrated in what sense?

Well, at least BJ's not gonna get knocked out.

WAR BJ!!! My favourite fighter ever....

After seeing bj rock siver and hold him in side control and not doing jack shit, I’ve lost all hope in him ever winning again

My favorite fighter of all time but BJ has looked terrible at FW.. he had Siver all but done and couldnt finish him
Yep and just layed in siver's half guard - prime penn mows through siver in a round or less.

Penn gets tko'd or heel hooked by ryan

I genuinely believed BJ Penn was the greatest fighter of all time... I was one of those

LOL @ all the nerds who are saying "BJ retire". This will be his easiest fight in a decade LMFAO.

A BJJ guy w/ no striking? VS BJ Penn, even old? GTFO of here you GD hens.

I genuinely believed BJ Penn was the greatest fighter of all time... I was one of those
there is a solid argument to be made for that claim.

however, he's now 39 years old and hasn't won a fight in what, 7 years? every time he returns it just gets worse for him. i really have no idea what the hell he's thinking.

Back