bj penn running for governer in Hawaii.

Always wonder how different the last act of his career would have been if the judges didn’t botch that first Frankie fight.

Itd be interesting for sure. I haven’t watched that fight in ages (it was terrible for one) but I remember neither one doing any kind of meaningful damage to the other. The most memorable/surprising part for me was actually Edgar taking Penn down.

If he would have gotten the win his next title defense would most likely have been against Gray Maynard who isn’t exactly an easy fight for him if Penn came in unmotivated.

@positivebalance

You going to be his campaign manager?

yiqPXwa.gif

Last edited:
if u think about who else would be a better candidate for governer in hawaii? some college boy who's never experienced shit in his life or some old fart who's never face adversity in his life ?? bj's a g. fuck that give it to BJ!!!
Are those the only 3 choices?

lol... Abuse his wife, punch cops, get in drunken bar fights, embarrass himself non-stop. I'm sure he'd fit right in if he were smart enough to be a viable candidate.

Spoiler alert: He's not.
He is about as viable as the typical politician. They are just bettet at covering up their misdeeds.

I was one of BJ's biggest fan during his his run and even during the beginning of his downfall, but him running for governor is possibly just as ridiculous as when Bu La'ia ran for governor back in the '94.
73t95ihk82x51.jpg

hawaii went overboard with the vaccine shit, and maybe that's what their residents want?

he's got baggage though, good luck on him

I used to be a big BJ fan.. but from the domestic violence shit, and his getting drunk and getting KOd in bars, and this weird political campaign.. I just feel real weird about the guy now. He feels gross.

It’s refreshing to see a candidate get all those political scandals and drunken escapades behind him.

The recently exited police chief here refused to talk to the press.
I like him as a fighter and that guy who tore through Florian and Sanchaz, IMO, would have given khabob fits - top notch takedown defence, works off of a jab (rathar than kicks or looping shots) going forward or back, had above average power for 155, was very capable off his back (top game was obviously better), and under Marv and Gary actually had proper S & C to go a full five rounds at a decent pace.

That said, the guy is a fucking Grade A Moron outside of the cage and there should me minimum requirements - education, no prior run ins with the law - for political aspirations.

Oh and instead of grandstanding about "the system is broken and I'm here to fix it" how about he try being a father to the kid he father'd in Brazil.

Can he get Tito as his campaign manager?

hawaii went overboard with the vaccine shit, and maybe that's what their residents want?

he's got baggage though, good luck on him
Hawaii still hasn’t recovered. Lost over 20k workers. You still struggle to make reservations for simple dinners on Oahau during moderately busy periods. People aren’t coming back. So much old money and foreign money gobbled up the land that there is no hope other than service jobs for the majority of citizens.

Their corruption is legendary. Their rail system rivals the worst misappropriation of funds anywhere on the mainland. Their current politicians prefer bags of cash for building and other permits. HI is like other blue states 50 years ago in terms of corruption but because they are literally and figuratively on an Island the Fed isn’t even involved.

BJ would probably be the only person not on the take in a century…

Back