Media BJ Penn proclaims to be the "greatest of all ****** time"

He’s come across as incredibly insecure recently.

he beat a former champ and 2 interim champs.
Even if we omit the fact that Conor only won once at Lw, Khabib fought 2 interim champ because he was inactive/could not fight.

It's litteraly his fault.
Interim belts are trash they don't make a fighter magicaly better.

awesome , another thread on an existing13 page/367 comment thread thats been going for weeks...well done

Even if we omit the fact that Conor only won once at Lw, Khabib fought 2 interim champ because he was inactive/could not fight.

It's litteraly his fault.
Interim belts are trash they don't make a fighter magicaly better.
are Porier and Gaethje not top LW talents?are they not better than kenflo and sanchez?

are Porier and Gaethje not top LW talents?are they not better than kenflo and sanchez?
Yeah absolutly but it's not because of the interim belt (I need to see a tiny bit more from Gaycheese to be 100% sure tbh)

Pathetic.

dedcec199a88a6ab9338201fe5f8e930.jpg

Dude has doubts about his legacy.

Only someone who says these things would.

Look at GSP, Fedor and Anderson.

Do they ever post dumbass things like this?

Nope never, because they know their status' are secured.

If you dont have BJ Penn in your Top 5 GOAT list you simply have no idea what you're talking about and didnt watch BJ in his prime

What he did will never be replicated
There have been enough dominant champs at their weight class now that it makes zero sense to have BJ Penn in top5 all-time.

BJ doesn't get extra points for losing fights against bigger opponents.

BJ is the Lightweight GOAT

Guess you had to be there <mma4>

Prime BJ vs Prime Conor would be interesting.
<mma4>{<Mcgoat}

Penn finishes him. He got a better chin and better cardio. He has more paths to victory. Penn could just go in there and push him against the cage, taking him down like he did Fitch at 170 and cut through that guard like a hot knife through butter.

Self projecting

Following me around now I see <45><45>

Just so we’re clear - this was you:

Holyfield was the favourite going into that fight.

Wrong again, son.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....vs-vitor-belfort-odds-records-prediction/amp/

When it was De La Hoya vs. Belfort, the MMA fighter was the +162 underdog. But against Holyfield, Belfort is the solid betting favorite. As of this writing, Belfort was the -275 favorite (bet $275 to win $100), while Holyfield was the +230 underdog (win $230 on a $100 wager).”

When the bout was first announced, Holyfield was -140 and Belfort was +110.

<Dany07>

I just looked at the comments of the IG post and BJ Penn has made DOZENS of responses to practically everyone.

This is just plain sad.

Agreed.

Great fighter, sad to see him like this. He should be enjoying the benefits of a quality career rather than arguing with people on Instagram.

BJ might have been the best for a couple of years, and there is no doubt he had the balls to fight anybody at any weight, but when your career record is 16-14, you are not the greatest ever. If we go by that, Randy Couture is in the running for GOAT also. Both were excellent, but not GOAT....in my opinion.

BJ makes a decent claim, as far as Khabib goes, BJ should definitely rank above him. Khabib retired way too early to be anything significant and he was far too scared to go up to 170lb, unlike BJ or McGregor.

The only thing is, I think McGregor did it better than BJ, McGregor fought in 3 weight classes, defeated arguably the GOAT of featherweight for the belt, then went and classed on the 155 champion, and then took fights at 170.

Do you think McGregor did it better?

No conor did not do it bettef

BJ Penn beat Matt Hughes who at the time had an aura of invincibility

Bj defended his championship, conor never did

Bj fought lyoto which is better than conor fighting nate diaz

Khabib is better than BJ though

McGregor is ahead of BJ Penn and both of them are way ahead of Khabib.

No, I don’t think Conor did it better. Absolutely hell no.

BJ is a legend.

Prime BJ had the biggest nuts. Khabib wouldn’t even go up to 170 but BJ did it, despite being much smaller than even Khabib. Hell, he even fought machida at heavyweight. He was a true warrior and although his peak window was short, it was arguably as high as any lightweight ever. He sadly lost it and hung around way too long, diminishing his legacy to pathetic casuals who just read Wikipedia.
How the fuck is fighting Machida at HW relevant? He lost that fight. That's equal balls and dumbassery and you gotta take into account the way he handled his career.
One of the greats for sure but to go on that losing streak with nary an improvement show fucking lack of intelligence.
How the fuck can you be GOAT with the way you basically derailed a career that otherwise would have been legendary?
Bunch of nincompooops and sad trolls in here

Back