Media BJ Penn proclaims to be the "greatest of all ****** time"

BJ Penn is the most overrated fighter on Sherdog hands down with the most delusional fan base

Hope he comes back for 1 more fight

His fan base tears down Khabib, Edgar, GSP, Aldo, and Conor

Penn fans call me a hater but to be a Penn hugger means you by default hate on other fighters who challenege or can challenge Penn's alleged "goat" status

BJ had a size advantage on Sherk though..... and a size advantage against Edgar but Edgar owned him 2x and beat him 3x

Sig worthy quote. Also it just proves how much size matters. BJ was probably 180lbs and fat in that street fight and a 240lb, 6 foot something fat guy (with a belly) who is untrained manage to KO BJ the supposed GOAT, BJ fell and hit his head against the pavement... as I recall by an untrained fat man

That untrained guy is not KOing a HW, LHW or a proper MW

He was a good fighter for hanging in but he still lost. Every bigger man except Hughes he faced he lost to...

Bj is the only fighter who gets credit for getting his azzz beat and losing fights it is truly bizzare. Not even like GSP was that much bigger than Penn in terms of height or weight (Penn is more fat at WW due to his own choice to not weight lift) and GSP was a lean and muscular shredded 185lbs)

I cant think of another fighter who gets credit for losing and being finished. Fedor got hate for losing to bigger men, Conor did as well. Yet BJ gets praised...

He also lost to a lot of smaller men

Edgar 3x (whooped 2x)
Jens Pulver
Dennis siver
Ryan hall

Machida was LHW weight back then. But that was a fat Machida

No MW today is 225lbs in the cage. Even Machida in UFC at LHW didnt weight that. Machida would weigh 205lbs or maybe 208lbs.

No he isnt BW size. Not at all

No he isnt BW size. Not at all

Penn choose not to lift weights thst is his own poor mistake. He weighed 191lbs before against Machida so the idea that he was never a WW is also false.

He easily achieved Welterweight level weights

He also lost to plenty of men smaller than himself in height and weight thereby being a mark against him "beating bigger men"

You guys talk of him like he is Fedor. He legit never beat anyone heavier than himself except Matt Hughes who was also BJ same height or a tad shorter. Also Hughes had more muscle mass because Hughes believed in lifting weights

It is Penns error to go up in weight by eating more food and not training thereby getting fatter.

What was Penns weight vs Hughes in all their 3 fights?

What do you mean his size? How much weight did GSP and Hughes have on him? It wasent as much as we thought. And Penn had no issue beibg 191lbs

It is his fault he got fat

Penn also lost to men smaller than him.... He gets praised for fighting bigger guys but he lost to all them except Hughes (but he is taller than Hughes by a little)

It just is mind boggling..no other fighter gets praised for losing and getting their azzz beat

Tell us more... lol.

He's not a goat candidate... but he's a legend. and that's not something everyone can accomplish, even if they are higher on the goat list.

Hell no bj is not no goat dude lost like 8 in a row!

Sig worthy quote. Also it just proves how much size matters. BJ was probably 180lbs and fat in that street fight and a 240lb, 6 foot something fat guy (with a belly) who is untrained manage to KO BJ the supposed GOAT, BJ fell and hit his head against the pavement... as I recall by an untrained fat man

That untrained guy is not KOing a HW, LHW or a proper MW
Cheers bro.

Honestly, it makes me laugh, it makes the whole sport look bad.

Yeah, size really does matter, makes me laugh when people say it don't they have watched too many Bruce Lee movies, BJ is lucky he didn't get smacked up by some 220lbs+ hard bloke who likes fighting like a bare knuckle boxer or a samoan street fighter, he would have been killed.

I tell you another melt, Donald Cerrone; he got punched in front of his wife at a Walmart and headkicked on a fishing trip and didn't do anything about it. LOL

One guy I do have respect for is Jeremy Stephens, that guy is hard in and out of the cage from what I've heard.

He also said "to the death!" and we saw how that turned out.

I don't understand Mcgregor being in the GOAT conversation, and his fans bring up him competing in a few different weight classes.

He never defended his belt. Mcgregor was hand-picked by the UFC to be its cash cow. I get people were smitten by his so-called "charm." But his status as a fighter is overblown.

BJ has a way better legacy than Conor.

fuck it I think he should run with it and just back it up with arguments.

Let the haters reel over their nonsense, they're just pathetic sacks of shit that look for any little fucking thing to try to drag you down to elevate themselves.

"fuck the haters" -anthony smith

I guarafuckintee you that anyone that would try to find reasons to belittle BJPenn and has the gall to voice that opinion on a message board would piss their fucking pants if they had to get in that cage with him in his prime.

BJ lost more and did objectively worse than Khabib at a common weight at a common level of professional competition. And by a fair amount.

A lot of this "warrior spirit" narrative is off-base.

You illustrate a lot of your spirit through your discipline and maximizing your potential when the bright lights are off and everything moves from glam/fame time to non-glamorous drudgery.

GSP did that in spades. Khabib did that in spades.

BJ simply did not, outside of a very brief window. And his career showed the results. More naturally talented and coming from a more advantaged background than either of those two, and accomplishing less.

BJ Penn had more balls than GSP and Khabib combined.

Like one shiny bald one and one big blonde fluffy one + extra.

What idiots always, fucking always, fail to realize is how much balls it takes to fuckin lose in there.

then to lose in there and have to pick yourself back up and get back in there.

These guys with largely undefeated records that go out on a string of wins, what they hide behind is how fucking scared they are.

They all have some kind of bullshit excuse too like Peds or Evil Dana White.

No, what it comes down to is they are scared of the piece of shit fans that get off on the tragedies of other people and pouring salt in their wounds. Would any of those people ever have the balls to get in the cage with them? Fuck no, but they feel entitled to shit all over them and what it comes down to is that these piece of shit haters ruin the sport because they prevent the greats from passing on the torch oftentimes.

So when you see a guy like BJpenn or Jose Aldo, guys that have been heralded as goats that people just love to shit on and disrespect what you are actually seeing are the bravest of the goats. They had the courage to keep going until they fucking lost then pick them selves up and get back in there knowing that an army of haters would jerk their fat clits until the end of time reminding them of that time they were embarrassed.

BJ may have been the most naturally talented fighter ever. He is not the GOAT though... not by a long shot. GOAT’s don’t lose to Jens Pulver and draw with Caol Uno in their primes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back