Bj Penn is about to make a crucial decision.

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As most of you know, Bj Penn was set to conduct the majority of his training camp in Brazil at the main Nova Uniao facility. The plan was to Train with Master Andre Pedeneiras while getting very good sparring from Aldo, Barao, and other NA standouts over the course of five weeks. For Penn fans, this sounded like a training camp blueprint that would have the potential to rival the training Penn did during the Marinovich days.

Unfortunately, this plan is now in the balance. After getting word about the Shogun robbery incident, BJ and his family are second guessing whether it's a good idea for BJ to spend five weeks in Brazil. It sounds as if alternate plans to complete the camp in California have been made, although Penn claims a final decision has not yet come to pass. My guess is that if the camp takes place in California as opposed to Brazil, the quality of this camp could suffer for lack of quality training partners. I hope I'm wrong, but Penn definitely is about to make a crucial decision.

These two videos shed light on the issue.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rF0gncLFC5c

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jEBHAG3iGfY

If thats really the reason why he reconsider it, sounds like an overreacting.

i thought bj penn retired years ago
what is he doing, he has no business fighting

Go to team alpha male BJ.

I feel like BJ wouldn't do that to Dede considering Barao just lost to TJ. People love or hate Penn but he is definitely a loyal honorable dude.

Lots of guys have a great reverence for Penn as a legend in the sport and he's never had a problem attracting good training partners. He had guys like Askren, Pat Healy and Tyron Woodly come by to prepare for his last welterweight fight.

The problem has always been getting into a legitimate cohesive training regiment where he's forced to have disciplined practices building up to the fight. It's always been piecemeal since he abandoned the Marv bro's who had him looking like an absolute killer.

Penn is probably my favorite fighter of all time - the dude who pulled me back to the sport after the dark ages - and win or lose I'll always watch and support his fights. All that aside - I still cannot believe how skinny Penn is.

War BJ

Crimes have happened in America too BJ.

If thats really the reason why he reconsider it, sounds like an overreacting.

Not necessarily. Everybody knows NU isn't in a great neighborhood and Penn sticks out like a sore thumb, its not like he blends in, and people will most certainly know he's around. He's a married guy with little kids at home so you can imagine why his family would get worried after hearing about Shogun held up at gun point - according to Rua they said 'we know your're a fighter, we know who you are' etc so perhaps he was targeted.

Easy... fly the camp to hilo. He's got the money

I wish bj would just go down there or TAM

lol I have a feeling Aldo & Barao are gonna lose some respect for him with him being to scared to live near them.

BJ said in the 173 conference that he wants to go but his family is what's holding him back.

BJ needs to get away from the islands for a good camp

true, his camp in california for Kenny Florian did him amazing.... mind you he also did his sanchez camp with the same people but in hilo.

Any excuse is a good one to spend time on the beach, with friends and family, diving for rocks.

BJ needs to get away from the islands for a good camp

On the islands they can all have a nice pig roast and some beer each evening after a hard day playing volley ball (cardio!) on the beach. Maybe Edgar will agree to fight at WW or even better MW.

true, his camp in california for Kenny Florian did him amazing.... mind you he also did his sanchez camp with the same people but in hilo.

Yeah, i'm sure he could have an awesome camp. but as a Penn fan, I like to see him eliminate as many potential road blocks as possible.

Back