BJ Penn in judo tournament

Awesome, but what's with the music? Its volume seems messed up.

Whoa... man why the fuck did my parents have to be poor. :(

Bubble Boy said:
Now THAT'S sandbagging!

I see Judo black belts jump into the white belt divisions in sport bjj all the time. Same thing.
That being said if that was me I would've jumped into the brown/black division. And I would've probably get tossed.

hey was a white belt in bjj at the time i believe

Was he a white belt at the time of the judo contest? He knows a lot of moves in newaza which arn't normally taught in my knowledge to Judo white belts. I'm not sure about the curriculem (sp) in BJJ for white belts.

must be cool to have privates whenever you want and train without worrying about having a job.

Resendiz said:
must be cool to have privates whenever you want and train without worrying about having a job.

that would be cool, but having his talent would be better. you could win the lotto and suddenly find yourself with the time and money to take privates from anyone, but you couldn't buy his talent.

pretty smooth subs. if he was a white belt then, he wasn't for much longer.

anyways, bj was good, but it must also be pointed out that those black belts were pretty bad. especially the first one, who didn't even attack the whole match.

DirectDrive said:
that would be cool, but having his talent would be better. you could win the lotto and suddenly find yourself with the time and money to take privates from anyone, but you couldn't buy his talent.
I don't know man, privates work wonders. Get anyone that's athletic and give them privates almost every other day and they'll be talented in no time. I'm sure he didn't do this out of pure instinct, it was because he trained hard and was taught well through privates.

Back