bj penn=honey badger

Maybe Joe riggs. Not many else

You're right, however, Joe Riggs was naturally obese. BJ should have always been at 155, 170 with no cut, so IMO he should fight at 145lbs. IMO BJ got robbed in the first match vs Edgar, so I think of this as a rubber match in which he wins!

Yes, I live in Hawaii so I'm biased.

I admire Penn's tenacity - always have...his willingness to fight almost anyone at anytime at any weight....what I do NOT admire is something most of you will NOT even acknowledge & that is his excuses/whining & poor sportsmanship when he is beaten..He is the only fighter I can think of that actually brought his mommy into the fray when he lost at the infamous greasegate.....I got tired over the years of the "inshape Penn", the "outofshape Penn", the "unmotived Penn", the "motivated Penn"....Just the thought of going thru all this shit again when he comes back to fight makes me tired...I don't know who is worse Penn with his excuses OR his fans with they're constant whining...there; I probably pissed a lot of you off - but this had to said...If you are angry its only because you know what I stated is true...

This did not HAVE to be said, you can try to convince yourself otherwise, but your statement was made for your own selfish reasons. Not because it benefited the entire sherdog population.

Penn never fought at "heavyweight".

technically it was openwieght but machida is still listed at 220 so he was legit hw the night they fought on top of the fact penn was giving up 30 pounds to someone on top of being fat as hell to make that weight.

There are a ton or lower level fighters how have fought from HW down to lightweight. I doubt too many have gone from heavy all the way to feather.

It's maybe worth keeping in mind that Penn's heavyweight fight was against a guy who could probably make welterweight if he went full dolce.

so I was reading an article that said penn is bringing in mike dolce to help him drop down to 145. and I realized this will be the 5th Weight class bj fights at, he fought at heavyweight, middleweight, welterweight, lightweight and if he makes this cut featherweight. can anyone think of another fighter in modern mma that can say they've done that? so in conclusion bj penn= honey badger cus he just don't give a fuck. he has literally never backed down from a fight and for that reason he will always be my favorite fighter.

he still needs to make 145, you stating it already as a fact.

It's a travesty that BJ PENN is not in the Top 10 p4p list...

Leslie Smith and Mark Hunt are true honey badgers.... Penn is emotional, and while not a bad thing... removes him from Honey-Badger convos.

Yeah you're right, honey badger don't give a shit, just like BJ who is never motivated...

I know Josh Haynes has fought at HW, LHW, MW, and WW.

Back